Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed urgrntly

Options
  • 07-05-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

hello. if anyone knows answer to my dilemma could they please help...
    it starts with my auntue who is in hospital at present living out her last few days due to cervical cancer..she has a ten year old daughter and a little boy who she has fostered (origianlly short term till social worker went off on maternity leave and no new social worker was appointed) and he has been with her a week after he has born and he is now almost three years old and has been diagnosed autistic over the past six months.
    the big dilemma is my aunties husband is an alcoholic(which he admits but does not seek any treatment for) and is not capable of looking after himself and after a domstic disturbance approximately two weeks ago there has been no contact with him just through solicitors to say that he may see the kids with supervision.
    what i am asking is..
    what will happen to the fostered boy after my auntie has died???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mazdoll

Its a terrible dillema
    He will be moved to another placement or if you are in a position to become a registered foster parent i would start looking into it now.
    Obviously social work department is not aware of situation especially with your aunts husband.
    Best wishes

Advertisement