Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience with installing solar electric systems?

Options
  • 07-05-2011 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭

I was unable to do a course recently on installing renewable electric power systems to households in a grid tie system and have learned that the course might not be run again. I understand this allows solar panels to be used to power some of the household electricity and also produce power to sell to the grid. Since I administrate a website at freepower.ie I believe it would be good to get more information on experience anybody might have had in installing such a system in Ireland. The ESB advertised they were willing to pay a fixed price to the first 4000 customers who installed this type of system. It would save a huge cost in not having to use batteries. I have not contacted suppliers I have found on the internet as I have no house to apply such a system and I would prefer to hear the customer's perspective. Any information posted would be much appreciated and could help improve my website.

Comments

Advertisement