Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Bass player Cork

Options
  • 07-05-2011 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

New originals band in Cork looking for a Bass player(music already being written...things set in motion etc)...
    music is gonna be somethin fast paced, new and exciting...
    fusion of punk etc(ask for more details)...need to be a confident player as your volume will be cranked up!
    View towards serious giging countrywide, minimum once a week rehearsal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TheElement

Originals Cork band seeking bassist. wide age range. Get in touch for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

TheElement: Please note that per the charter, duplicate threads are not allowed.

bump

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 11 joey factor

tell me more about your influences?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Yeah might be interested, who are your influences?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 joey factor

i have many influences, when i was younger i played a lot of metal like metallica, iron maiden, killswitch engage, lamb of god, dream theater and stuff like that. now im more into playin things like the red hot chilli peppers, bon jovi, daft punk, michael jackson, dire straights, the eagles to name but a few. theres not much i wont play to be honest. i also have pro gear and a good work ethic when im happy in a band. do you have any tracks i can listen to?

well the style is a bit difficult to describe....existing bands to get an idea from would be(in no particular order!); pendulum, qemists, rage against the machine, prodigy. But by no means is the music any reflection of any one of those groups.

The idea is to create a fusion of dance-able D&B type rythms with vocs a bit like rage and some other metal/punk styles...The bass will be a predominate part of the music...cranked up loud and heavy...really carrying the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Right. I feel as if my bass playing at the moment is a bit uninspired, not very creative-I play guitar way more. I can learn to play anything really, but I'd say you'd have better luck with someone else who can actually input something :D
    Good luck in your search for a bassist though

Still on the lookout! Is there such thing as a bassist out there who wants to do more than just waste their talent on being in a s***y coverband like everybody else!! Comeon lads! if everybody in the world was in a coverband there would be no original music to cover!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement