Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English question re: texts

Options
  • 06-05-2011 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

My class is doing: "Casablanca", "The Plough the moon and stars" and something I cannot remember the name of!

I would rather do: "Inside I'm dancing", "Wuthering Heights" and "Sive" this year.

Are they on the syllabus? Is this okay?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Are you in 6th year? To change your texts at this point of the year is kind of insane to be honest. You don't have to like the texts you are doing, just to be able to talk about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Yeah I am. I'm pretty confident (not naive) so is it possible?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

!!! wrote: »
    Yeah I am. I'm pretty confident (not naive) so is it possible?
    Oh, definitely. You'd need to work very very hard if you don't know the three texts already though. You'd also be without the support of teachers notes and that. Personally though, if I had worked with the original texts for 2 years now I'd be really reluctant to change, whether I liked them or not.

Advertisement