Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QFA Financial Planning

Options
  • 06-05-2011 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Is anyone as ****ed as i am for tomorrow's qfa exam in Griffith College?
    The exam paper is so hard to predict.
    If someone could just post up tomorrow's exam it'd be a great help!!
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Desperately yours!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

How do you think the exam went for you? I did it too in Griffith college, think I may of scraped a pass, here's hoping. :D
    Surprised there weren't any calculation questions at all?!

Hope it went well for you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Paddysnothappy

Hopefully scraped a pass myself.
    Crazy that there was no calculation questions on it. Financial advisors are supposed to be able to calculate pensions, investments, returns etc. and then no Calc questions?! Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Hopefully scraped a pass myself.
    Crazy that there was no calculation questions on it. Financial advisors are supposed to be able to calculate pensions, investments, returns etc. and then no Calc questions?! Madness.
    Havent you being following the news these last three years or so?

(but seriously, cals are for the drones, not for the managers...:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Paddysnothappy

:)
    Very good!
    All i want is my three letters! The Q, the F and the A.
    And move on to my next set of exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CALLY0412

Am due to sit this exam in July.
    Can anyone tell me how important the uplifted scale for traditional retirement benefits is??
    Does it come up on the exam?
    And if it comes up do they give you the scale or are you supposed to just know it?

• Advertisement

Come on with the results already :rolleyes:
    When they said the 3rd I thought they would surprise us and give them to us a week earlier! Must learn to be more patient. :)

@ Cally, good luck with the exam in July. :)

The uplifted scale didn't come up this time but has in past exams. However, they do provide the details at the back of the questions if it's needed. It's a lottery really trying to guess what will come up in the exam, as previously mentioned I didn't use my calculator once!

I sat the financial planning exam in July..
    The only calculation that came up was inheritance tax, and they even gave you the thresholds-didn't need them but was nice.. Very happy..
    Rest of the exam was very nice too.. Happy days..
    Just itching to get the results though-checked the my lia section and the only results date showing are for the ratified results in September..
    How long were you guys waiting for your provisional results-would really like to know if I passed or just imagined doing well and really failed miserably....
    Come on LIA-put me out of my misery here..:(:(:(

Well if you're using the words 'very nice' to describe the paper then I've no doubt you passed with flying colours :D

I got a higher mark than I expected so was really happy. Now to write to some randomer and use the QFA letters after my name :p

It was nearly 1 month before getting the provisional results and the ratified results came out exactly the same date they advertised. Just try to forget about it as much as you can then start checking the website on the 3rd week.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on when you get the good news ;)

OasisGirl wrote: »
    Well if you're using the words 'very nice' to describe the paper then I've no doubt you passed with flying colours :D

I got a higher mark than I expected so was really happy. Now to write to some randomer and use the QFA letters after my name :p

It was nearly 1 month before getting the provisional results and the ratified results came out exactly the same date they advertised. Just try to forget about it as much as you can then start checking the website on the 3rd week.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on when you get the good news ;)

Looking forward to being able to use those 3 little letters....:D:D
    Hmmmmm.. has only been 2 weeks, am in for a bit of a wait so I guess.
    Congrats.. Hopefully, I'll be in the QFA club myself in a week or 2..:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

I am totally confused on pensions so many types and variations and calculations

Can someone explain to me prsa/ppp benefits on retirement, I know its 25% tax free of max €200k tax free all the options for 75% confuse me

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    I am totally confused on pensions so many types and variations and calculations

Can someone explain to me prsa/ppp benefits on retirement, I know its 25% tax free of max €200k tax free all the options for 75% confuse me

What part exactly are you having trouble with?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

CALLY0412 wrote: »

Stuck on the various 75% options in terms of ARF and AMRF what qualifes for ARF/AMRF and when you dont qualify for one etc

Rebel1977 wrote: »

Stuck on the various 75% options in terms of ARF and AMRF what qualifes for ARF/AMRF and when you dont qualify for one etc

Have you signed up for the webinars? Brian explains them quite well..

@oasis girl, I passed.. Did better than I expected too.. Still haven't used my letters yet though..

@oasis girl, I passed.. Did better than I expected too.. Still haven't used my letters yet though..

Woohoo! Well done. :) So after the pain of those exams are now a distant memory, what are you going to do now??

OasisGirl wrote: »

Woohoo! Well done. :) So after the pain of those exams are now a distant memory, what are you going to do now??

Sucker for punishment as I might be I'm contemplating doing the add on exams for the qfas-like the insurance ones..
    Aside from them-still in the job I was in prior to doing the qfas, working accounts..
    Have you changed jobs since finishing them?

Sucker for punishment as I might be I'm contemplating doing the add on exams for the qfas-like the insurance ones..
    Aside from them-still in the job I was in prior to doing the qfas, working accounts..
    Have you changed jobs since finishing them?

Haven't changed jobs but got a promotion recently so happy with that. :) Going to do the bridging exam for the GI in September and think I'll leave it at that for a while. I'm in insurance so the QFA will hopefully help me move around within the company if I ever get a chance in the future.

Advertisement