Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greece like libya wants gold backed currency

Options
  • 06-05-2011 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

Maybe greece will be invaded now to help the citizens from the clutches of 300 spartans......Although the spartans held off the money men for a good 100 years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Yikes. One of us wasn't paying attention in history class...and I'm not sure it was you! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

If they overspent euros why won't they overspend whateveit is else they use?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

der spiegel is Usually fairly on the ball when it comes to Stuff like this, I'd be interested in what people think are the ramifications of a Greek Withdrawal from the Eurozone, who dies it Benefit more Greece or Germany??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

der spiegel is Usually fairly on the ball when it comes to Stuff like this, I'd be interested in what people think are the ramifications of a Greek Withdrawal from the Eurozone, who dies it Benefit more Greece or Germany??????

Ireland pipes up, 'Doesn't matter lads we'll pay for it...hic..'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Greece has been in debt and been defaulting pretty much constantly from the mid 19th century onwards. There's little historical or economic evidence that a change of currency would have any great affect on Greek spending habits. They would be back up to their old tricks in no time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement