Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a UFO? If not what is it?

Options
  • 06-05-2011 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭

ontariophoto050411small.jpg

Unknown, Disc-like Object Photogaphed over Lake Wosley, Ontario, Canada
    Published: 3:01 PM 5/5/2011
    Ontario, Canada - 05-04-11

I was fishing on Lake Wosley on Manitoulin Island from 1 - 3:00 PM today. I caught no fish but decided to stop and take some photos on my way home.

I do this all the time and have taken 1000s of pictures of this area. When I got home, I started going through the day's photos and this image showed up.

My camera, a 5 mega pixel Panasonic Lumix was in the "photo burst" mode. I took two images from the exact same spot.

In the first image, (not shown) there is nothing... in the second image, there appears to be a disc over the lake.

I heard nothing... I saw nothing while I was out there.

I probably drove around the area for another half hour or so taking photos from other vantage points.

When I was out, I noticed nothing unusual at all.

I've used my primitive software to zoom into the disc and it seems quite simply, a disc in the sky.

The thing that I find very interesting is the "photo burst" nature of the two pics sent. The first pic I'm uploading has nothing in it... yet the second pic I'm uploading features this disc.

These images were captured less than a second apart.

I experienced no "out of the ordinary" feelings of any kind. It was a very uneventual day until I got home and reviewed my pics.

Taken from http://www.ufocasebook.com/2011/ontariophoto050411.html

Saw this today when I was browsing that site. Now I'm sure there is probably an innocent explanation what do you guys think? What could it be? Fake? You can see a bigger picture if you follow that link.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

dirty lens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

dirty lens
    Would his other pictures, taking what he says at face value, not have that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

a tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Insect, motion blurred.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

an insect flew by at high speed close to the camera in the second picture...sorry but as far as i'm concered that's case closed.

edit: damn you monty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

marketty wrote: »
    a tree
    Its an alien with a cunning disguise, don't be fooled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

People actually report this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Would his other pictures, taking what he says at face value, not have that too?
    It could have been a piece of dust or leaf which landed on the lens before he took that photo. And even possibly blew away again. So some photos will have it and some won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

No EXIF data on the picture to see what shutter speed etc. etc. Having just recently picked up photography as a hobbie I can tell you pictures like that are not unusual. My guess is insect, small, not far away.

I have captured countless 'ghosts' in the last few months too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

It's UNIDENTIFIED.

This does not make it extraterrestrial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

A bird or the advance craft of the Vogon constructor fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

A bird in the distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭David Matthew

A bird? A plane? No, wait...

It's unidentified due to lack of clarity, that's all. I would agree with Monty Burnz - it could well be a motion blurred insect. In this instance, the blurring has provided a nice 'disc' shape to the 'object'.

Or it could be something else entirely, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Is this a UFO? If not what is it?
    ontariophoto050411small.jpg

An unmarked black helicopter with ninja stealth technology, travelling at Mach 3 so it gets blurred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 patq

It looks a bit like Jim Corr.

Advertisement