Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online gaming retailers ?

Options
  • 06-05-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭

Im usually an Amazon man but unfortunately I cant pre-book some of the games I want namely for the pc

Always like amazon because of the quick postage so can anyone recommend another retailer for me? What would HMV be like etc

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Physical copy or digital only?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Spear wrote: »
    Physical copy or digital only?

Im after the collectors editions mate ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Headshot wrote: »
    Im after the collectors editions mate ;)

Then it depends on the game unfortunately, as it's common that the collectors/specials are exclusive to certain retailers. Otherwise it's the usual suspects, Amazon, Play.com, HMV etc.

Spear wrote: »
    Then it depends on the game unfortunately, as it's common that the collectors/specials are exclusive to certain retailers. Otherwise it's the usual suspects, Amazon, Play.com, HMV etc.

Rather not go back to play.com but iv never tried HMV. Would anyone have experience with them, postage fast?

Rather not go back to play.com but iv never tried HMV. Would anyone have experience with them, postage fast?

Only had 2 items from them, but they were prompt and I had no complaints.

• Advertisement

Anyone use the Hut.com?

seems to be a superb price on The Witcher 2 collectors edition

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone use the Hut.com?

Yup used them before, same company runs the Zavvi and a few other websites across a few areas. Never had any problems, delivery was no better or worse than any of the other British based sites I've bought from.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sob1467

Anyone use the Hut.com?

I've never used myself but I know a friend recommended them to me once so they must be good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

There's

thehut.com, adsa (buggy site) and Zavvi (all belong to thehut.com group.) Free delivery afaik. Never had a major problem with any of these.
    play.com free delivery
    HMV Think it's £2.50 per item, not sure. You'll probably find that they wont ship the collector's edition to Ireland, but you never know.
    Game

I personally use them in that order of preference with Amazon sitting up there at the top of the list.

Anyone use the Hut.com?

That does appear to be a great price for that Headshot.

• Advertisement

thanks alot lads

preorder 3 of those games now

HMV have told me they will ship Pc Game - Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Collectors Edition and Pc Game - Duke Nukem Forever: Balls Of Steel Collectors Edition to Ireland so that's great news

Iv ordered The Witcher from the Hut too

cant bloody wait for these

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone use the Hut.com?

I used them and it took 2 weeks for my game to come oh and delivery from the hut and zavvi isn't free,its 1.15 or somthing.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

i used to order a lot from play, but cd's would ofter arrive broken or scratched so i have stopped. Amazon are brilliant but you already know that!

delivery from the hut and zavvi isn't free,its 1.15 or somthing.
    They changed that a couple of months back. Free delivery now. click into a product on the site now and it'll say free delivery on all orders.

while we're talking about collector editions

ya know the infamous Hero edition, does that come uncharted 2 MP or is it a play.com exclusive
    http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/19857817/inFamous-2-Hero-Edition/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=infamous&urlrefer=search

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They changed that a couple of months back. Free delivery now. click into a product on the site now and it'll say free delivery on all orders.

oh my mistake,didn't realise that :eek:

Just to let you know Headshot, Deus Ex: Collector's edition just went on sale on Amazon today for £79.99. I know you've ordered it already from another site but it might be worth cancelling your order to go with you usual retailer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004XH7I3I

Just to let you know Headshot, Deus Ex: Collector's edition just went on sale on Amazon today for £79.99. I know you've ordered it already from another site but it might be worth cancelling your order to go with you usual retailer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004XH7I3I

already canceled my order with hmv yesterday ;)

Pity they wont post the witcher 2 to Ireland, im doing a test run with the hut at the moment and they are very slow to post

The hut are usually a day behind what you would expect for it to be shipped, but it gets here fairly promptly. At least in my experience anyway. Gonna stick with the Augmented edition of Deus Ex myself. Got it for £33 which has since dropped down to £26 and back up to £33 on Amazon. "6 for the Augmented edition is great I think. I had originally had the balls of steel version of Duke already ordered but then cancelled it on amazon when I realised that I dont need all that in my bedroom. I regret it now because I got it for the really cheap price of £44. Oh well.

I decided to cancel the Hut order for the witcher 2 because of the slow postage

I ordered the game early monday morning and still hasnt be sent, that isnt on tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

I decided to cancel the Hut order for the witcher 2 because of the slow postage

I ordered the game early monday morning and still hasnt be sent, that isnt on tbh
    Yeah, and once they actually do post it, it usually takes 2 weeks to get it in my experience.
    Can't deny they're cheap though.

So done a dummy run with game.co.uk

cod4 ordered today, shipped today

Now that's what im talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I pre-ordered a game recently on thehut and they didn't take payment until it was shipped and kept adjusting (lowering) the price.

I think I got it for a tenner less that I would have ended up paying at many other sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Anyone know the story with CD WOW? I ordered 2 games I was looking forward to spending the weekend with, said they were dispatched on the 11th and they aren't here yet.

Balls.

Anyone know the story with CD WOW? I ordered 2 games I was looking forward to spending the weekend with, said they were dispatched on the 11th and they aren't here yet.

Balls.

From my experience they are unbelievably slow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Balls.

Usually about a week or less. They must be posting from outside the EU because customs are holding a game I ordered from them.

megaten wrote: »
    Usually about a week or less. They must be posting from outside the EU because customs are holding a game I ordered from them.

Ah hare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Play.com ship from jersy so you will be liable for custom charges also :o

Avoid CDWOW at all costs, got a letter from the revenue commisioners today saying they are holding my games because CDWOW didn't put the value of the goods on the packet. Free delivery to Ireland yeah? Never again.

• Advertisement

Sorry for the bump lads but can anyone help me out

Mate wants Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Collector's Edition, he cant find anywhere that has it

Anyone know a place to get it?

Advertisement