Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Bike and/or Advice

Options
  • 06-05-2011 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I'm looking for a bike for my girlfriend; she's going to start training to complete a 75 mile cycle in a few months.

I've got a specialized sirrus hybrid bike and will be doing the same cycle with that. I find it's comfortable over long distances yet fast too.

She hasn't cycled in a long time, and might as well be looking into a field of thistles as looking for a bike, so the task has been left in my incapable hands. I'm thinking something similar to my bike would suit... but I'm open to all suggestions/advice.

The criteria:
    • Has to be cheap as it will be sold afterwards. About the €200 mark for a good used model
    • Has to be able to do the distance comfortably
    • Light and fast
    • Low maintenance
    • She’s about 5’10 so the frame needs to suit that height
    Thanks in advance!

Advertisement