Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netooks where to buy

Options
  • 05-05-2011 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

where to buy a netbook WITHOUT an OS(or with ubuntu)
    i will refuse to buy a netbook with windows on it(because it just ****)
    i have one at the moment with linux on it but it worn down and too old for the game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Id say it would be very hard to find a netbook (new) without windows pre installed. Why do you hate windows so much? Windows 7 is a pretty good OS.

Unless Microsoft has changed the EULA you could get a refund from the manufacture on windows (bear in mind you will probably have to send the device back so they can remove windows from the system)

There used to be a few netbooks pre installed with ubuntu but customers kept on bringing them back to the retailer because they found it hard to use.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You'll be hard pressed to find any tbh.

Most come with windows started 7, just format and install Ubuntu or whatever. That's the easiest solution.

Windows 7 starter adds next to nothing to the price of the netbook. In fact i'd hazard a guess that you'd pay for the privilege of having no OS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 InsightTech

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

tnk all but i just would buy windows 7 if at all avoidable

Advertisement