Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyslexia?

Options
  • 06-05-2011 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

plosh wrote: »
    Hey, was'int really too sure where to put this question.
    Ok so I'm 16 and pretty much certain that I have some form of dyslexia.
    I looked up the symptoms online and it basically described my life ever since I was a kid. No point in going into detail really.

So I'm wondering how I would go about getting tests because I would really like to get it off my chest.
    I would also like to do it before I sit my Leaving cert but thats not really too necessary.
    I've already sat the Oral Irish and French and I did horrific, I shut down completely :(
    I'm horrible with languages and Maths.
    I also never finished a test on time in my life I ALWAYS run out of time!

So can anyone help me out because I'd really like to shed some light on the matter.

Your GP would be a good starting point, also does you school have a counsellor/psychologist of any type? If so a chat with him/her will help get the ball rolling. Best of luck with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

People reading about medical issues online is informative but also dangerous.
    As for this, those who are poor at exams can convince themselves there is a reason why, a cop out
    Your English is very good and your post is well written. If you can learn English there is nothing holding you back from French or Irish

Go to your GP and they'll point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Moved to Personal Issues, where the OP will get more relevant responses to his query.

This is a forum for discussion of psychology issues, not personal problems. Please report such posts to the mods and we'll move them. Thanks.
    JC

Advertisement