Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a company logo design done recently?

Options
  • 05-05-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Have been looking around for amate regarding getting his logo redesigned. Came across the usual suspects in google ads for very small money but nothing really stood as you would suspect for that price. Was told about this guy but he may be too rich for the bold "http://www.misipile.com/".
    Would appreciate any links or suggestions if anyone had one done recently by pm etc please/thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

You would get a better reply here... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=356

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers Scotty, will do;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brian duffy

try elance.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Try www.IrishLogoDesign.com

I had 3 logos done in as many years. They charge I think €29 now, but they can be slow, taking about a week depending on how many tweaks you make. I always submitted the ideas by scanning a drawing and sending for them to reproduce. They send the files in jpeg, gif, eps and ai, but i only ever use the jpeg and gif as i honestly dont know what the other formats are for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

There are plenty of sites out there offering cheap logos if you Google. If you want to get it done properly though you're going to have to spend a bit more.

Your logo is the most important piece of advertising you'll invest in - it's going to be the first impression you'll make, and will heavily influence how people perceive you for years to come.

If you want something quick and cheap those sites are grand but if you see it as an investment it's best to get someone who'll spend more time in giving you something original and high quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

goz83 wrote: »

Ahmedabad, Pune, Surat, India proxied through Norway

which is fine as long as they don't do this http://www.thelogofactory.com/logo_blog/index.php/how-to-enter-logo-design-contest/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Happy to discuss such a project with you, if you like. :)

Cianos wrote: »
    There are plenty of sites out there offering cheap logos if you Google. If you want to get it done properly though you're going to have to spend a bit more.

Your logo is the most important piece of advertising you'll invest in - it's going to be the first impression you'll make, and will heavily influence how people perceive you for years to come.

If you want something quick and cheap those sites are grand but if you see it as an investment it's best to get someone who'll spend more time in giving you something original and high quality.

Very true, but if you know the type of logo you want, it doesn't matter if you spend €29, or €1,000. You don't sign off until you're happy/satisfied.

PM me if you want me to show you the logos they produced for me. Remember, I designed them, but they perfected the concepts.

Very true, but if you know the type of logo you want, it doesn't matter if you spend €29, or €1,000. You don't sign off until you're happy/satisfied.

PM me if you want me to show you the logos they produced for me. Remember, I designed them, but they perfected the concepts.

With respect, unless you're a designer yourself it's best not to design ones own logo.

There are a lot of things that have to be thought through. Now, I'm not saying your logos aren't good quality (because I haven't seen them yet:D). But the average person who doesn't have any kind of background in art/design will send off what they think is a good logo, and the 'designer' will touch them up, delighted that they haven't had to put any thought in to the process at all.

In hiring someone who is going to spend more time and attention on your project, they're going to use their design expertise and tell you that your concept could do with improvement, or there are hundreds of companies that look the same, or that the font you chose won't be legible at lower resolutions, or that the colours are garish, or it's misaligned, etc. These are the considerations they'd take when designing a concept from scratch as well.

Someone who has to get your logo done and dusted asap because he's got to get through another dozen to make his working day worthwhile isn't going to have the same care for the finished product.

Cianos wrote: »
    With respect, unless you're a designer yourself it's best not to design ones own logo.

There are a lot of things that have to be thought through. Now, I'm not saying your logos aren't good quality (because I haven't seen them yet:D). But the average person who doesn't have any kind of background in art/design will send off what they think is a good logo, and the 'designer' will touch them up, delighted that they haven't had to put any thought in to the process at all.

In hiring someone who is going to spend more time and attention on your project, they're going to use their design expertise and tell you that your concept could do with improvement, or there are hundreds of companies that look the same, or that the font you chose won't be legible at lower resolutions, or that the colours are garish, or it's misaligned, etc. These are the considerations they'd take when designing a concept from scratch as well.

Someone who has to get your logo done and dusted asap because he's got to get through another dozen to make his working day worthwhile isn't going to have the same care for the finished product.

Just because you pay someone to spend time on your logo, doesn't mean they will. The most simple logos are always the best, leaving no problems with resolution. You don't need design expertise to have an idea and I believe it is both important and rewarsding to have direct involvement with the design process and especially the initial concept.

It is best to go with a company that offers unlimited changes to the design, because they will spend the time tweaking it properly to get you to sign off on the logo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

One of the most important parts of any business is the logo. Its not something that can be just dismissed or not taken as serious. Its the face of your business and what people see all the time. First impressions always count, so get it right.

Choose someone with experience, that is doing it as a business and will do it professionally. Yes you can pay a lot, but you can get things a little cheaper these days as we (designers) are all trying to make ends meet and know businesses are struggling and need help.

So with all that in mind, research a company you think can do a good job. On time, High Quality and a Decent Price.

Just because you pay someone to spend time on your logo, doesn't mean they will. The most simple logos are always the best, leaving no problems with resolution. You don't need design expertise to have an idea and I believe it is both important and rewarsding to have direct involvement with the design process and especially the initial concept.

It is best to go with a company that offers unlimited changes to the design, because they will spend the time tweaking it properly to get you to sign off on the logo.

I agree with you, most of the time a simple logo is the best. But there's a difference between something that looks simple because the designer wanted as quick a turn around as possible, and something that looks simple after a considerable amount of research and creative processing to arrive at that particular image.

As with any trade, the more experienced and knowledgable the person doing it, and the more time they give it, the better end result you're going to get.

As I said above, a quick fix logo is fine for a lot of people, but to get something that stands out, is memorable and finely tuned to your business, designed by an expert in the field is going to make a world of difference.

Advertisement