Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First year History- Modern Ireland

Options
  • 05-05-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

So what are people reviewing for this? The past exam questions are so specific it is hard to know what to focus on! Any ideas out there...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Not much of a help, did the exam many moons ago.

Did Doherty advise on the paper? He's been known to say one thing, then throw up a swerve ball to completely throw you off track. Take what he said (if anything) with a pinch of salt.

Look at the past exam papers. Look for the common trends and themes, not the way the exam is structured i.e the way it's asking the question. Find the themes and read up on them. It's first year, you won't be killed with the marking, they realise the position you're in and want to help. That said, don't make silly mistakes.

Focus on the question in-exam, make relevant points, state your argument. Add on introduction and conclusion. Stick to the question! Don't ramble!

I wish you the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 myImage

Thanks for that, although the common trends and themes seem few and far between for this paper! They have asked about everything from British government policy towards Ireland (1912-1914) to the political legacy of Charles Haughey…. Ah well, nice introduction and conclusion and a sense of confidence and all will be good.

Maybe.
    I hope.

Advertisement