Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some mens clothes :D

Options
  • 02-05-2011 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

I've/We've been a bit lax getting new threads started on this. I blame having to work like a mofo for the past few weeks but thats behind us now, so expect a flurry.

Here's the next one on Shop suggestions for buying all items Gentlemanly.

If people can provide a bit of rationale for proposing the proposed place thtat would be great.

Cheers

DrG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Dublin

Power/Hand Tools - McQuillans, Capel Street

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

Hipflasks: Peterson's just at the bottom of Grafton St. Also good for cigars, pipes, tobacco and so on.

Also, here deserves an honourable mention. They've a great selection of cigars and the guys there are particularly nice.

Sorry if I've neglected anywhere in this vein; I'm a neophyte when it comes to cigars!

EDIT: Would anyone know where it would be possible to get a kind of 'safety razor starters' kit' in Dublin? Or would online be the only way. Thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I've been given the OK from the mods to post this:cool:.

I have an online shop that has a range of Sex Toys for Men.

www.happyjane.ie

I only sell Skinsafe/Inoffensive/Designer sex toys.

HappyJane's "guy toys" are aimed at the normal Joe (that likes to [EMAIL="w@nk"]w@nk[/EMAIL]) nothing too scary. http://www.happyjane.ie/products/category/guys/

Free Next day delivery too:cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

There's very few bricks and mortar stores for decent razors, out of loyalty to great service I'd say the Warldorf barbers would be worth a shot, alternatively www.shaving.ie is Dublin based, great value and very quick delivery. I've also used www.mankind.co.uk for various stuff, ok some might argue that it's not manly but find me a woman who complains about cuddling up to well maintained skin.

Petersons as someone mentioned is also a great shop for cigars, leathermen and hip flasks.

I'd have to give Louis Copeland a mention for great suits to really look the part.

Sorry for not putting in links but posting for a phone so not sure how to do it on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Camden Casket(s) - Camden street

Shops that sell all sorts of bits and bobs at bargain price's (probably should avoid the tools though).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hairy_sack

Early 20's/ late teen here loking for places that have some nice going out clothes, preferably not to break the bank either ;) talking about jumpers/shirts etc :) thanks :D Also online stores would be good too to see what they're like without having to go shopping :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pennys is good and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Some good deals on Ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

hairy_sack wrote: »
    Early 20's/ late teen here loking for places that have some nice going out clothes, preferably not to break the bank either ;) talking about jumpers/shirts etc :) thanks :D Also online stores would be good too to see what they're like without having to go shopping :P

What kinda style ya into OP?
    The one piece of advise I'd give to every bloke (& swear by myself) is, never ever wear overly graphic t-shirts. (Leave that to the guys on Jersey Shore!)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Asos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Tesco often have some nice stuff. http://www.clothingattesco.com/men/icat/catgmens/

As do Next, although some of their stuff is a bit on the pricey side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Jack jones have a few nice, not overly expensive things in there, and give student discount (20% I think) when you show your card :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

There's actually a cool wee shop on Liffey Street that does some class mens T-shirts with slogans etc. It's just across from the food hall I think, can't remember the name of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Tesco aint bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Buying online is obviously way cheaper then bricks and mortar stores, plus alot of sites regularly have good sales so you can get more bang for your buck, so to speak.

Check out the likes of here or here for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

OP, I do sometimes think cheap clothes are a false economy, I never buy anything in Penneys, and didn't even in my student days and believe me, I'm not rich! :) The reason? These clothes will fall apart quickly and won't stand up to repeat washing. They tend to be of very bad quality material and have bad stitching. And would you blame the person in a third world country on a pittance for not stitching them well?

If you shop online, you can definitely get some deals on clothes but there are decent sales in bricks and mortar shops too, so keep your eyes peeled. I find some shops better for sales than others. Some have really good stock in the sales, some have complete dreck. It depends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Speaking as a recently broke student, Tesco and Topman/River Island (during the sales) have got me through the last few years. Tesco have pretty decent clothes considering their prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

hairy sack (sniggers like a schoolboy at your user name) Ive merged your thread with a thread for the same thing.

Regards,
    OD.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Speaking as a recently broke student, Tesco and Topman/River Island (during the sales) have got me through the last few years. Tesco have pretty decent clothes considering their prices.

Your obsession with Tesco clothing continues PK :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Well if people keep opening threads about price conscious clothes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Well if people keep opening threads about price conscious clothes!

We all know you go looking for them!! :pac:

Advertisement