Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are the results out?

Options
  • 05-05-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how long you typically have to wait for your results on completion of a FETAC course? We have our last exam tomorrow. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Nadser

Can't remember the exact dates, but around mid-July. Any results you may be told before this date are provisional

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

There are major changes to the process this year and thus the timing of when the results are available.

Results are now confirmed online by the centre in early June with statement of results available to centres from the FETAC online system by mid to end June and certification will be issued early July to the centre. It is up to the centres as to when they will issue them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Thanks, Further Ed. :)

So what you're saying is, the centre will likely email students with their results or publish the results on the school intranet in early June, but the actual FETAC certificate won't be issued until much later in the summer?

Not strictly accurate. I never stated anything about results available to students in early June, rather that the results are confirmed after the External Authentication or Examination process in early June on the FETAC system but are not available to centres until mid to late June.

The results slips that were previously issued by FETAC to centres in early July will now be available via the FETAC system to centres to print out from mid to late June onwards (about 2-3 weeks earlier than last year).

How and when the centre actually issues these to students is up to the centre itself. Most seem to post results out to students. You should contact your centre to ascertain how they will issue them. This is assuming that you are entered for May assessment - your last exam may be this week but it really depends on when your centres enters you for assessment.

Alot depends on the centres procedures. Last year there were several people on this website who had not received their results due to the fact the centre, where their course was ran was also a secondary school and thus was closed for part of the summer holidays.

The actual FETAC certificates will also be issued to centres earlier than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I know someone who didn't get their FETAC cerificate from last year like literially eight months after they got the results. Thats shocking.

• Advertisement

We are now being told by the course co-ordinator that we will not have our results until September, never mind the certificates! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Difficult Times

boomerang wrote: »
    We are now being told by the course co-ordinator that we will not have our results until September, never mind the certificates! :eek:

As a tutor, in the past 11 years of teaching FETAC courses, the External Assessor has never changed a result that I awarded.

The Certs are exceedingly slow, but you can request a preliminary result from your center, for CV purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

boomerang wrote: »

I had my last exam on the 5th of May and got my results this morning. We won't get our certs till Oct though.

That seems like an awfully long time you have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

We were told there is a huge delay and i have just finished my 4th module and we were told november !

Alie - it sounds like that you are not entered until autumn assessment period.

Ask your Co-ordinator when are you entered - not when you complete it. They mayu be keeping your assessments for the different modules and entering them at the same time.

Also remember if you are completing your award for progression to third level then you will need to be entered at the same time for all the modules.

External Examiners have changed grades in the past and any results issued by a centre prior to the confirming of the results by FETAC are only provisional.

In relation to the delay of the issue of the certs many centres wait and issue these at a graduation ceremony and this may be the delay but once the June results are out then the certs can not be printed by FETAC til the appeal time frame is up. This year centres are handling the appeal process themselves and not FETAC so until the whole process is completed FETAC don't start processing the official certs.

Finally do remember that there are major changes to the processes this year and next so don't assume anything that happened in the past in terms of timeframe etc is going to happen this year.

Best of luck with the results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭nhg

My sister received her results yesterday in the post from her college, she sat her exams in May and they had a date for graduation on the letter.

Alie - it sounds like that you are not entered until autumn assessment period.

Ask your Co-ordinator when are you entered - not when you complete it. They mayu be keeping your assessments for the different modules and entering them at the same time.

Also remember if you are completing your award for progression to third level then you will need to be entered at the same time for all the modules.

External Examiners have changed grades in the past and any results issued by a centre prior to the confirming of the results by FETAC are only provisional.

In relation to the delay of the issue of the certs many centres wait and issue these at a graduation ceremony and this may be the delay but once the June results are out then the certs can not be printed by FETAC til the appeal time frame is up. This year centres are handling the appeal process themselves and not FETAC so until the whole process is completed FETAC don't start processing the official certs.

Finally do remember that there are major changes to the processes this year and next so don't assume anything that happened in the past in terms of timeframe etc is going to happen this year.

Best of luck with the results
    Thanks, I have completed 4 modules and got results for 3 of them(final), we were told we would get results from 4th module in november, still have 4 modules to complete, we do not know when or where these will be, we have already attended Ringsend, Crumlin and Inchicore! We are called the scatter group? 5 of us in total from one company, we are all from d14 and originally we were to complete our course in Kilbarrack but our boss thought it too far to travel, sothats why we are placed in all different colleges, we were separated for 1 module already. We have been left up in the air so to speak .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 patmustard100

After all the intelligent people get a place in university!

After all the intelligent people get a place in university!
    An unintelligent quote :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

nhg wrote: »
    My sister received her results yesterday in the post from her college, she sat her exams in May and they had a date for graduation on the letter.

I received mine on wednesday and I did my exams in May and I also have the date of the graduation on the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

i didnt know fetac courses do graduations ?

Yes they do , cape and gown

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

really wow never knew that. and is it up to the plc places if they wish to have a ceremony ? i have completed a fetac course but was never told about this

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Nadser

It's up to the centre whether or not there is a graduation. Some may also have a 'cap and gown' graduation, but again it's up to the centre where you did the course. There are no official FETAC colours for graduation.

Alie, who is the provider ? Is it the colleges you are doing the courses in or is a private provider ? Did you enrol for a group of modules or per module ? DM me with more details and I will try and assist

• Advertisement

Pm sent, meant to say SkillVec.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

I went to limerick senior, cant wait to get my results! Friend of mine got his from tipperary, anyone know when Limericks might be out...?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

I did a childcare Fetac level course in Sallynoggin College, my results are out and graduation is in September.
    Got 6 Distinitications and 3 merits

Well done, i bet you are delighted, my friend teaches childcare, its hard enough! wow

All results have been confirmed by FETAC so any delay is now due to the centre not issuing them.

We did our exams the first week in May but won't get our results until the end of August. It seems terribly unfair when other centres have already issued their results. Is there any way to expedite this? Can I ask FETAC for the results? The course co-ordinator is extremely unhelpful.

Alert FETAC to the fact that centre isn't issuing the results until August - it is probably a breach of their QA agreement with FETAC. Email FETAC with your name, PPSN, name of the centre and their FETAC registeration number (on assessment material you would have got).

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Got my results in the post this afternoon; 6 distinctions, 3 merits and a pass, words cannot describe how happy I am with them - could do better but no point on dwelling upon such things in light of what I consider a great result for me.

Best of luck to everyone else regarding your results and I hope you get what you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gilldog

Im also waiting on results as i've been offered a conditional place on a degree course in Edinburgh starting September but I need to send them a copy of my results to confirm my place and im kinda panicking... My course co-ordinator was also unhelpful and told me they send out certificates in september..but i have read here and other places that i should be recieving my results pretty soon.

Further Ed, if i wanted to contac Fetac directly about getting my results, where else could I find out my centre number as i can't see it on any of the handouts i kept from the year? Is there any database of centre numbers I could look up?
    thanks.

• Advertisement

Gilldog, I would suggest that you email FETAC with your PPSN number and tell them who your provider is. If they want the provider's number then see the following page on the FETAC website http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/alphabet.do?check=A

You wont get your certificate until the autumn (that is the document that you usually frame and hang on the wall), however you should get a statement of your results. This document slip will have the heading provisional on it as you are entitled to lodge an appeal. But this statement should be sufficient for the University in Scotland.

Advertisement