Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win instant prizes with VISA

Options
  • 05-05-2011 10:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Every time you make a purchase with your Visa credit card or Visa debit card between 2 May and 26 June 2011, you could win Visa Prepaid cards worth up to €200 instantly. Plus, Visa is giving you the chance to win an amazing trip to the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony. Simply remember to keep your receipts or statement as proof of purchase..
    Every day there are 24 Visa Prepaid cards to be won instantly

They had a similar promotion last year and quite a number of boardsies won prizes. http://www.visa.ie/en/golden_space/home.aspx
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

I just won a 10 euro card, so I can confirm it works. ;)))

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

snubbleste wrote: »
    They had a similar promotion last year and quite a number of boardsies won prizes. http://www.visa.ie/en/golden_space/home.aspx

This promotion is over now but just curious did many here have much luck? I won 60 cards approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Patrick49

Hello,
    I also won about 60 cards but so far I have not received one.
    I am curious to know if any winners have got their card or cards yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

I won 4. Posted 1 application off in 1 envelope, and 3 in another. Got my PIN + card for the first 1, but heard nothing on the rest. Sent them an email on Thursday with all the references etc. so just waiting to hear back. While I won a lot in the first week, had no luck over the following 4 weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

60? 60?
    How do you win that many..? jeez.

I won 3 and so far no correspondence at all. They say you will get your prize in 28 days, eh I didn't. I'm requesting a winners list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I forgot about this. I won one but haven't heard anything yet. I won two in the last promo and one took months to come.

Rashers72 wrote: »
    I won 4. Posted 1 application off in 1 envelope, and 3 in another. Got my PIN + card for the first 1, but heard nothing on the rest. Sent them an email on Thursday with all the references etc. so just waiting to hear back. While I won a lot in the first week, had no luck over the following 4 weeks.
    Thanks Rashers72, if I dont get something tomorrow I will call them to see whts happening. I did call them about 3 weeks ago and was told the promotion was a big success and they were working flat out to verify all the claims and that all valid claims would then be sent to the bank who issue the cards. If I any more info I will post.

snubbleste wrote: »
    60? 60?
    How do you win that many..? jeez.

I won 3 and so far no correspondence at all. They say you will get your prize in 28 days, eh I didn't. I'm requesting a winners list.
    How did I win so many? , sheer dedication and hard work. There is luck involved as well as the entry nearest the winning moment wins.

Pythia wrote: »
    I forgot about this. I won one but haven't heard anything yet. I won two in the last promo and one took months to come.
    Hang in there and lets see what info I can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I won 2 prizes and had heard nothing up to 12 July.
    Emailed the address on the bottom of the email that I received with the claim form.
    Heard nothing back!
    Emailed the MD of PublicisD( company working for Visa on this promotion) this week and got a phone call on Friday.
    They had received my claim forms and said that they had been sent out, but I never received them.
    The lady said she could cancel the first cards and would issue new cards. may take 30 days!!

I had the same problems last year when I also won a couple of small prizes.

IMHO doesn't seem to be well organised.. or I'm just unlucky;)

• Advertisement

Patrick49 wrote: »
    How did I win so many? , sheer dedication and hard work. There is luck involved as well as the entry nearest the winning moment wins.

Interesting. I make a lot of purchases but was putting them through ten at a time all at once. Your post suggests that strategy isn't the best one? It's based on time rather than number?

Pythia wrote: »
    Interesting. I make a lot of purchases but was putting them through ten at a time all at once. Your post suggests that strategy isn't the best one? It's based on time rather than number?
    Entering all at once is not a good idea where winning moments are concerned, you might be lucky and win but then the other 9 are wasted best to spread them out that way you have a better chance of winning. Hope this info is useful. Best of luck with future comps.

CH3OH wrote: »
    I won 2 prizes and had heard nothing up to 12 July.
    Emailed the address on the bottom of the email that I received with the claim form.
    Heard nothing back!
    Emailed the MD of PublicisD( company working for Visa on this promotion) this week and got a phone call on Friday.
    They had received my claim forms and said that they had been sent out, but I never received them.
    The lady said she could cancel the first cards and would issue new cards. may take 30 days!!

I had the same problems last year when I also won a couple of small prizes.

IMHO doesn't seem to be well organised.. or I'm just unlucky;)
    Thanks for that, I agree its not well organised. In T&Cs it says when entry is validated winner will be contacted and told when card will be dispatched but this does not seem to be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I missed competition this year but last year I won two cards in it - I had to chase and chase them to get them cards.

Thanks for info. I will keep chasing. Emailed them today but no reply yet.

If you don't get a response, consider contacting Visa Ireland directly in relation to their choice of promotion company.

Good idea. Thanks, I had'nt thought of that.

I sent them an email last night and they rang me this morning. Said my card was posted out in June. They are looking in to it apparently. I told them how I had a problem last time so it's not just a once off. She seemed very nice and friendly.

I also had a call today. This lady is very friendly and helpful (have spoken to her on another occasion) she said my cards were sent out on Friday and I am to call her back if I dont get them soon. Just before I got this call I contacted Returned2sender as all my enteries were by text operated by this company. The lady I spoke to offered to take up my case if required, so I will wait for a while and if nothing happens I will take up her offer.

I got two of my three winning cards this morning. Pin numbers to follow in a few days.

• Advertisement

It's been more than month,finally visa send them out ;)

Congratulations to you both, good news at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Got 2 cards in the post this morning.

Just hope the pin's arrive

CH3OH wrote: »

Just hope the pin's arrive

Today I got 2 PIN for 2 cards,which I have received yesterday

Anyone get anything else?
    I still have one outstanding.

I got most of mine today, still have a few outstanding. As I won quite a few I will have to try and figure out which ones I did'nt get. When I get them sorted I will give Publicis D a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Got my 4 no problem. Received a follow up phonecall to confirm same today. :)

Mine still hasn't arrived. I was on the phone to them again today and they are reissuing it again.

Hello all Visa Card winners,
    Just to let you all know that I have received all my cards and hope that you have got yours. Thanks to all who took part in the discussion and gave advice etc. it was much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement