Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May Beers

Options
  • 05-05-2011 6:46am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We haven't been for beers in aaaaages. As usual, vote in the poll for what date suits you best. Anyone with pub suggestions, post in the thread please.

Edited to add:
    Right, ignore the poll, the May Beers are on Saturday 21st of May, starting at 3ish. The pub is The Garden Gate in Hampstead Heath. Nearest transport is either the Hampstead Heath Overground station or the Belsize Park underground station.

If you've not been to a beers before, PM me and I'll send you my mobile number.

What day do you prefer for the May beers? 10 votes

Friday 6th
    0%
    Saturday 7th
    0%
    Friday 13th
    10%
    Dr.Giggles 1 vote
    Saturday 14th
    10%
    Scarinae 1 vote
    Friday 20th
    20%
    D-Generatesilvervixen84 2 votes
    Saturday 21st
    10%
    Fysh 1 vote
    Friday 27th
    20%
    m@cc@pirateninja 2 votes
    Saturday 28th
    10%
    Jack B. Badd 1 vote
    Other
    20%
    AlessandraOhThePenguin 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saturday 21st
    So here's a thought, just to throw it out there - there's a great pub near Hampstead Heath called the Garden Gate. It's a nice pub, they do decent food, and they've got a beer garden. Plus, Hampstead Heath is about 5 minutes away.

What say you fine folk to the idea of going for a couple of beers on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, if the weather holds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Saturday 28th
    Why doesn't the poll facilitate AV?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Friday 20th
    Actually an afternoon might suit better so I won't be fretting over late tubes etc, and also it would be more relaxing in the sunshine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Saturday 28th
    Ooooohhh, beer garden :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Saturday 14th
    Hopefully the weather will improve if it's going to be an afternoon beers! I've spent a few afternoons in Hampstead Heath, so I'm happy with this plan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saturday 21st
    As an aside - I've mentioned the Weasels Unusual gatherings before, and this Friday Tim has organised another Big Night Out at the Slug & Lettuce. I'm heading along as I reckon it should be a laugh - anyone else fancy it?

Here's the blurb:
    "Basically taking over the upstairs of the Slug and Lettuce, Lisle St (near Leicester Square) and getting an awesome playlist on their sound system - end of week crowdpleasers, Indie, Rock, Cheese and Dance - seriously another great mix of tunes... Starting off at 6.30, and running through until 12.30.

You can view the venue and see map / directions here. We've got the whole upstairs so you can just head up. It's obviously free to get in, and there's always a few drinks promotions as well."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Sounds good! I'm pretty free over the next couple of weekends, so whenever suits me really, although a Saturday would probably be more convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

Friday 13th
    Sounds good! I'm pretty free over the next couple of weekends, so whenever suits me really, although a Saturday would probably be more convenient.

I second that !

Fysh, what is "the Weasels Unusual gatherings" ?

Saturday 21st
    Dr.Giggles wrote: »
    I second that !

Fysh, what is "the Weasels Unusual gatherings" ?

It's basically a pub-based geeky meet-up that happens on a reasonably regular basis (roughly monthly or thereabouts). They get a pretty good crowd and are a fun way to spend a Wednesday. Have a look at their Facebook page to get a better idea.

The Big Nights Our are a sort of spin-off organised by the same guy as a more regular night out, with less of a geeky focus. Again, generally good fun.

Saturday 21st
    Right, beer fiends. Sunday, says I. Sunday 22nd. On the basis that this Sunday's supposed to be a bit crap, weatherwise. Yay or nay?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Friday 20th
    That's not on the list!! Sunday 22nd should be OK for me, once it's not too far away :)

Saturday 21st
    OK dokey, I have been beaten into submission convinced by Dr. Giggles & bluedolphin that for afternoon beers we should do the afternoon of Saturday 21st instead.

There's a nice beer garden in Camden called the Edinboro Castle that would be good, or we can head to The Garden Gate in Hampstead Heath. (Both are accessible on the Northern Line, for those coming from the South).

Any preferences on which pub we go to?

Hurrah! I have been to Edinboro Castle before, but not the Garden Gate, but Hampstead is nice!

And Saturday 21st is a definite. Who's in? Even if it's not a great day we can always sit inside...! :)

Friday 13th
    Very good I'm in !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Friday 20th
    I am in Dublin two weekends in a row so no May beers for me.

Saturday 21st
    D-Generate wrote: »
    I am in Dublin two weekends in a row so no May beers for me.

Goddamnit, Kieran. Goddamnit.

Why in the world would any self-respecting Corkonian go to to Dublin? Much less two weekends in a row? Hmm?

Ditch that smelly city and join us in a beer garden somewhere. It's the right thing to do, and you know it...

Friday 20th
    Cool, I'll come to this on Saturday. I don't mind which pub either. What time will we say?

Saturday 14th
    I don't mind which pub, either is grand for me! :)

Saturday 21st
    OK, I'm exercising modly powers (mwhahaha, etc) and deciding that the pub shall be the Garden Gate in Hampstead. It's just down the road from the Hampstead Heath Overground station, and within 5 minutes or so from Belsize Park Underground Station.

I'm aiming to be there for around half three or so. Let me know if you're coming and PM me if you've not been before so I can send you my mobile number.

Saturday 14th
    I shall almost certainly be there, we are currently trying to find a fourth flatmate however so I'll just need to double check that I'm not supposed to be meeting anyone! I'll let you know :)

• Advertisement

Friday 20th
    I'll be there, come find me if ye see me at the bar like a loner! :D

I shall be along - but probably closer to 4:30. Looking forward to meeting new faces! :)

Friday 13th
    me getting lost is a given... Ill be there though around 4

Saturday 14th
    Ok, looks like I'm going to be a little late myself since someone is coming to view our flat at 3, hopefully they won't be long but since I live in Clapham Junction that means the very earliest I'll be there is 4, it'll probably be more like half past. See you all soon! :)

Friday 20th
    hi guys I'm really sorry but I'm stuck in town longer than I expected so doesn't look likely ill make it out to ye at this stage. I promise ill catch up with ye soon. :(

Saturday 21st
    @silvervixen84 - booo-urns :(

For the rest of you, we're sitting inside as it appears that short of assassination there's no way of getting a free table outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Really sorry we didn't make it guys, and thanks Fysh for the txt! For all my whinging about being a lover in london, I had plans yesterday eve plus it was the first weekend we didn't have visitors over from Ireland!
    Hope it went well ,nice pub that one!

Saturday 14th
    We managed five people, apparently that's noting compared to previous beers though! I'm definitely up for one in June so maybe we'll be able to drum up a few more people for that :)

Advertisement