Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 threads in 1

Options
  • 05-05-2011 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

wasnt looking for an answer to anything but because it was my 1st time experiencing these 2 moments, just taught id share them with ye..
    was out on the bog last week just stacking a lot of trial turf from a new machine.heard 2 cuckoos for the 1st time in my life.then got the pure priveledge of seeing 1 sitting in a tree

2nd moment was yesterday getting to see a willy wagtail 'dancing' for his potential mate.then, while mating with her, getting bullied off by a fella no more than an inch taller than the lucky lad...this happened on the driveway of an estate i was in..was delighted to experience both things :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

djflawless wrote: »
    ...getting to see a willy wagtail...getting bullied off by a fella no more than an inch taller than the lucky lad...

Just a bit confused. Are you saying there was a inch in difference in size between 2 male Pied Wagtails. They are invariably 18cm or 7 ins in length and one would never be noticably taller than another and certainly not by an inch. Maybe I've picked this up wrong.

Alway nice to actaully see a Cuckoo up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Just a bit confused. Are you saying there was a inch in difference in size between 2 male Pied Wagtails. They are invariably 18cm or 7 ins in length and one would never be noticably taller than another and certainly not by an inch. Maybe I've picked this up wrong.

Alway nice to actaully see a Cuckoo up close.
    wasnt exactly being exact..figure of speech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ok, fair enough. It just seemed odd to refer to any discernible difference in size between male Pied Wagtails.

Advertisement