Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand visa

Options
  • 05-05-2011 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hey im travelling to thailand in a month, waiting to receive my passport and im staying for 5 weeks. does any one know how long it takes to get a tourist visa?? im just afraid i wont have it soon enough. i know u automatically get a 30 day stay when u reach thailand but my stay is longer,or if you can get a tourist visa on arrival? thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

you need to get a visa from the thai consulate in dublin, the visa will be good for 60 days and only takes a few days to get.

http://www.thaiconsulateireland.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

No need to get one

dclane wrote: »
    No need to get one

And how do you make this out ??

Ok the op can do a border run or go to immigration to get an extension but wouldn't it be just easier to get the visa !!.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ginasdnb

yeah i just went to visit some visa office in dublin there, the woman said ill need a tourist visa if im stayin longer than 30 days but im actually going to cambodia for a week when im there, we dont have a flight booked from thailand to cambodia to prove that we wont actually be in thailand over the 30 days, but she said the visa is only valid for one entry and that id need a double entry which is 120euro?? could i just enter without getting a visa and book a flight from thailand to cambodia to say that altogether ill only be there for 4 weeks? very confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

You could book the cheapest refundable flight out of Thailand you can find in the 30 day period and then cancel it once you're in the country,I did this some years back when I ran out of time to get the visa.This would cover you with immigration.

• Advertisement

Thai immigration won't be the problem it's the airline might not leave you fly if your flight into bkk is over 30 days and you have no visa.

Do as the above said just book a cheap air asia flight out of bkk within the 30 days to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

ginasdnb wrote: »
    yeah i just went to visit some visa office in dublin there, the woman said ill need a tourist visa if im stayin longer than 30 days but im actually going to cambodia for a week when im there, we dont have a flight booked from thailand to cambodia to prove that we wont actually be in thailand over the 30 days, but she said the visa is only valid for one entry and that id need a double entry which is 120euro?? could i just enter without getting a visa and book a flight from thailand to cambodia to say that altogether ill only be there for 4 weeks? very confused

All you need is a single entry tourist visa. €40 job done.
    The single entry tourist visa permits you to stay up to 60 days so you are covered with immigration and the fact that your flights are 5 weeks apart.
    During your stay, if you want to leave the country, i.e. Cambodia you are able to return/enter Thailand for 28 days at no cost (see below as per Thai consulate website). The double entry tourist visa is only if you need two 60 day entries so not applicable for you.

• N.B. A visa is not required for entering Thailand for all EU Nationals, American, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand citizens, provided all of the following conditions can be satisfied:-
    • a) Purpose of visit is tourism only.
    • b) Duration of stay does not exceed 29 days.
    • c) Visitor is in possession of a pre-booked flight from Thailand within 29 days.

I did this last year and I am doing it again next month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ginasdnb

jimmay wrote: »
    All you need is a single entry tourist visa. €40 job done.
    The single entry tourist visa permits you to stay up to 60 days so you are covered with immigration and the fact that your flights are 5 weeks apart.
    During your stay, if you want to leave the country, i.e. Cambodia you are able to return/enter Thailand for 28 days at no cost (see below as per Thai consulate website). The double entry tourist visa is only if you need two 60 day entries so not applicable for you.

• N.B. A visa is not required for entering Thailand for all EU Nationals, American, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand citizens, provided all of the following conditions can be satisfied:-
    • a) Purpose of visit is tourism only.
    • b) Duration of stay does not exceed 29 days.
    • c) Visitor is in possession of a pre-booked flight from Thailand within 29 days.

I did this last year and I am doing it again next month :)

sweet thanks a million youve really helped was stressing out there. how long dooes it take to get the visa by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Timothyp

ginasdnb wrote: »
    hey im travelling to thailand in a month, waiting to receive my passport and im staying for 5 weeks. does any one know how long it takes to get a tourist visa?? im just afraid i wont have it soon enough. i know u automatically get a 30 day stay when u reach thailand but my stay is longer,or if you can get a tourist visa on arrival? thanks :)
    You can download the visa application form and complete same and send to the Thai Consulate, Dublin. Make sure u include all necessary bitds such as photos, cash (40 euro if staying more than 30 days). It takes less than one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meangene

What happens if you go for nothing and stay 1 or 2 days over 30 days?

• Advertisement
Advertisement