Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need Help, Water coming through Light Unit from Sunroof!

Options
  • 05-05-2011 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I currently have a 1996 Ford Fiesta. With the rain that has started in the past few days, everytime I turn a corner water pours out through the light switch in the interior of car next to the rear view mirror. It appears to be gathering inside the roof of the car and when i turn the corner, it pours through. I get the impression that it is coming through from the sunroof. The sealant on the sunroof seems to be pretty worn but I am not sure to go about fixing it without having to replace all of the sealant (i'm presuming this will be costly and because of the year of the car, i'm not pushed to put any more money into it). Would there be any way just to use a clear sealant? and what way would i go about it???

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

Where is the aerial located on those? Renaults had the aerial located at the centre of the roof just back from the windscreen, which is also above the interior light. Guess what... they had a problem with water coming through the light from the aerial!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Spuffinkaten

yeah the aerial is in the centre of the roof but the water doesn't seem to be coming directly down, the water only pours in when i turn a corner which gives me the impression that it is gathering in the left hand and right hand corner of the roof...

I will seal the end of the aerial just in case though, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Are the drain tubes to allow the water collected out blocked by any chance?

untitled_77.jpg

Advertisement