Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone stock up on food yet?

Options
  • 04-05-2011 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone started stocking foods for the coming few years?
    I've been looking at various articles on what keeps best and most food seems to last 10 years if kept properly.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

digme wrote: »
    I've been looking at various articles on what keeps best and most food seems to last 10 years if kept properly.

Fresh asparagus?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

What's mean to happen in the coming years that we would need to stock up on food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

omen80 wrote: »
    What's mean to happen in the coming years that we would need to stock up on food?

Planet x , pole shift , world war 3 , solar storms , earthquakes and tsunamis , its all planned to happen together with the goal of killing off over 90% of humans on the planet .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

espinolman wrote: »
    Planet x , pole shift , world war 3 , solar storms , earthquakes and tsunamis , its all planned to happen toget
    her with the goal of killing off over 90% of humans on the planet .

Wait a minute, didn't you promise us the pole shift was going to happen month or two back?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Wait a minute, didn't you promise us the pole shift was going to happen month or two back?

eircom are slow like that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Planet x , pole shift , world war 3 , solar storms , earthquakes and tsunamis , its all planned to happen together with the goal of killing off over 90% of humans on the planet .

What do you need to do to survive and be in the 10%?

yekahS wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess...Lizard relatives?
    Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Most of them have already gone back home, it started once the jobs on the building sites dried up.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DaDartle

stock up on canned goods apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

No but I've enough tin foil to keep me in hats for 10 years?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

Ok I'm going out on a limb here, dont know why, but can I make a prediction?, most probably going to be wrong, but something inside me is telling me the next big earthquake will hit Nevada and LostVegus, I 99.999999% will be wrong but the brain is beginning to go through a manic episode, so anything is possible to me at this point in time, except lizards, maybe nextweek they will become part of it too, who knows?, no me anyway, just had to throw that into the mix, mostly I'm rational, but sometimes I'm unhinged, haahaa, **** it, thats the life of a brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Honey

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Planet X - no such thing
    Pole Shift - takes a million years to occur so I think you'll be fine
    World War 3 - a lot more than 10% of the population survived the last 2 world wars
    Solar storms - these happen all of the time, it's what our magnetic field protects us from
    Earthquakes and tsunamis - once again these have been happening throughout human history so I wouldn't get so worried

And what makes you think they will happen all together?

omen80 wrote: »
    And what makes you think they will happen all together?
    He doesn't say that they will just happen, he says that they are planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

At the minute, I have some bread, a packet of ready-made noodles, Lyle's Golden Syrup, Weetabix, fruit and veg, and apple drops, along with some milk.

And like Homer, I've loads of tin foil to keep me going, about 60 metres of it.
    Also a joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I'm just going to invest in firearms, and take the food from whoever stored it up if the **** hits the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Planet x , pole shift , world war 3 , solar storms , earthquakes and tsunamis , its all planned to happen together with the goal of killing off over 90% of humans on the planet

I doubt food will save you if they all happened together.

Besides, relax, you've a 10% chance of survival. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

All of that happening at the same time! wow! Myself I feel its a bit of overkill.

I would not want to be one of the 500 million or so left alive, imagine having to clean up the mess caused by earthquakes and tsunamis that have ravaged the planet. Add to that over five billion dead bodies and the rotting corpse of almost every animal on earth in a radioactive wasteland.

Sounds like a crappy plan, like sh!ting on your dinner so that nobody else will eat it.

Before I head out to the cash & carry to stock up is there any scientific proof of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

Loads of people out of work. Loads of patches of land available throughout the country.

I don't know why the government don't invest in some sore of gardening/self-reliance program with the amount of people available.

Then we'd be self sufficient in the face of most future disasters, and it would do the economy some good.

You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist, it's just common sense.

I'm just going to invest in firearms, and take the food from whoever stored it up if the **** hits the fan.
    Watch your back, Espinolaman :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Watch your back, Espinolaman :)

I laughed :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

I think when the OP posted this he was referring to the possibility of a melt down of the financial system which would be the end of the EURO and for a time, total chaos and looting, followed (hopefully) by a brief return to the barter system and then back to the good old punt!

Am I right??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Chipboard wrote: »
    ...melt down of the financial system which would be the end of the EURO and for a time, total chaos and looting, followed (hopefully) by a brief return to the barter system and then back to the good old punt!

Am I right??

Leading straight to the CT about all these "we buy your gold for cash" ads. Back to basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

i have a bag of 'ever lasting gob stoppers' a bit tough on the roof of your mouth but will be able to keep hunger away:cool:

Instead of 'cash for gold' shop im going to open a 'gold for an everlasting gobstopper' shop:P

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

ive stocked up on beans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

i went to aldi today.. stocked up ob food.

hopefully i'll have enough to last till my next pay cheque

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭David Matthew

What articles would these be? They didn't say '10 hours if digested properly' by any chance? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭touts

Dont you think if the grand masters of the world order really wanted to kill off 90% of the worlds population and had arranged pole shifts, solar storms, earthquakes etc they would at least have poisoned all tins of food with a time delay poison that kicks in if the tin is not used within say 12 months. I mean lets face it if they are smart enough to pull off a planet x (i Dont know what the hell that is but it sounds complicated) then poisoning the food of those pesky survivalists would be something they thought of years ago.

Trust nothing. Its all part of the secret plan to wipe us out. ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

No but then I have alot of pets

• Advertisement
Advertisement