Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Boyracers - Help!!!??

Options
  • 04-05-2011 10:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

Where I live my house is adjacent to the main road with a junction to a lesser road also and my house is right at the turn off.

Over the last few months three or four young lads (17 to 25) have begun to make my life hell, they all live down along the lesser road and when they come to the junction they all rev the hell out of the cars doing power takeoffs, making a massive amount of noise pollution, this often happens at 2 and 3am when they go out with their mates mucking around on the roads at all hours.

I have moved my bedroom to the rear of the house but it often wakes me in the middle of the night and I am sick of it.

Is there anything that can be done from legal viewpoint? I have the Registration numbers off the cars responsible and know who is doing it. Last weekend was the worst with the Rally of the Lakes, surely something can be done with this noise pollution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Hi

Did report them at the time? you should ring your station things can be done?

Go to your station look for member of traffic corp or maybe your local compol unit( Community policing unit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Heard a story about a chap near the border a few years ago.

His house was in no mans land between the two jurisdictions and he was plagued with them donutting & spinning around. There was one car in particular that was there most evenings causing the most annoyance. Tried speaking to them to no avail.

Finally lost patience & decided to practice his golf swing with his driver and a bag of golf balls in the front garden.

Couple of broken windows later and presto! No more boy racers!

Dunno if it's true, but you would love it to be :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

^^^^
    Crminal Damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ask your local authorities to install speed ramps on the lesser road to lessen speeding? It may not stop the power takeoffs, but they may try to avoid the speed ramp if their cars are lowered...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

^^^^
    Crminal Damage?

In which jurisdiction? :p

I doubt PSNI would be bothered being pursuing a Criminal Damage prosecution based on someone being reckless with their golfing technique in the other jurisdiction... or vice versa :). Also wouldn't the driver have to explain where his vehicle was parked etc at the time of the alleged offence!

Not that Im condoning such activities!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Bosh wrote: »
    Dunno if it's true, but you would love it to be :p
    They'd know where he lived, and could do the same back to him. Except his house wouldn't be able to move out of the way...

OP, do it the legal way, or be prepared for the consequences.

Advertisement