Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bat in my house.

Options
  • 04-05-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I have just found a bat in my house. I had suspected that there was some in my attic but that doesn't worry me. The problem though is what do I do with it? Could it be too windy to let him outside? I would be grateful for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

If it was me, I'd get it out, probably to sheltered side of house. It'll find its way.
    Also I'd see if I can find how it got in, because others may follow. Presumably direct from attic down into living area.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭charlie1966

Thanks for the reply.
    No way they can get from the attic into the house. Totally sealed. I have since found out that the window to the room he was found in had been left open during the warm spell.
    I have released him onto a tree so hopefully he will be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

what a question for a bat man

I'm a licenced bat worker in N Ireland

If you can get your finger tips in to a gap bats can get in and out also.

Bats can walk in, come in on clothes, the cat might have caught it

My advise is simply hang it on a wall away from clutter

Advertisement