Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone deals

Options
  • 04-05-2011 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

just signed up to a crowd called Pure telecom for my phone and broadband about 2 months ago. Great deals, customized packages, bills as promised, great customer service.

Watch this space for further updates.

5 Stars so far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

hmmmmm sceptical

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

Terrible bundles :L the highest download limit "20GB monthly download limit" on their Max deal is terrible ive Eircom and I struggle with the 30gb limit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Khorne_Dogg

I thought that aswell but then they offered me unlimited download for nominal extra fee.

I get:
    unlimited anytime local + national calls (include NI)
    3mb broadband
    unlimited download
    Mobiles Blocked

cost just under 55 per month incl line rental & vat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

:rolleyes: Is that good? I pay Vodafone €45 per month for 8Mbps broadband (and I am lucky in that I really do get 6-7), 40Gb download, national calls (maybe not NI), and 200 mins of free calls to 3 specified Voda mobile numbers.

I'm not going to sing Voda's praises. They had terrible issues with the broadband service during the last few months of 2010, but things have settled down, and they are hard to beat on price.

I guess I should be more generous. In the context of unlimited download, that may be a good deal, but most people don't need unlimited, and since the company's actual advertised limits are extremely low I would be doubtful.

Ix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭SlanGoFoil2011

Vodafone Broadband is the worst I have ever seen.

The customers service is a total joke, might be fine technically for the majority of people, but if you have a problem you are on your own.

I mean the worst customer services I have ever seen, up there with the NTL fisaco.

the guy i was talking to actually admitted on the phone during his pitch that vodaphone were probably slightly cheaper but 1 this pure telecom crowd are 100% irish (hand on heart time) and 2 they have the same maintainence contract on the lines as eircom so if my line developed a fault they can get the engineers out just as quick. Where as vodaphone customers have to contact eircom to get a fault fixed. But like I said I'm only with them for 2 months (2 bills) and SO far so good. if anything changes I will let yiz know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

but 1 this pure telecom crowd are 100% irish .

Hmmm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I thought that aswell but then they offered me unlimited download for nominal extra fee.

I get:
    unlimited anytime local + national calls (include NI)
    3mb broadband
    unlimited download
    Mobiles Blocked

I get
    unlimited anytime local + national + international calls
    20mb broadband
    250gig download

€38 per month incl line rental & vat with UPC, shop around my friend if you think €55 per month is a bargain

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Vodafone Broadband is the worst I have ever seen.

The customers service is a total joke, might be fine technically for the majority of people, but if you have a problem you are on your own.

I mean the worst customer services I have ever seen, up there with the NTL fisaco.

I am somewhat more fortunate than most. Late last year I was ready to jump ship and go anywhere else... except that I discovered that for me at least most of their issues were resolved by using an old DSL router rather than the Voda supplied one. Since the new year started, I think the broadband has been better. In fact I have not read their forum for many months now.

Yes, customer service is dreadful, but unfortunately that's true for most companies. At least there's a talk-to forum on here to gripe about it. :) A fiasco is accurate, but only in the context of their upgrade issues. Now they are just back to being normally bad.
    they (Pure) have the same maintainence contract on the lines as eircom so if my line developed a fault they can get the engineers out just as quick. Where as vodaphone customers have to contact eircom to get a fault fixed.

Eircom own the lines. They do make it awkward for the other ISPs as regards repair. I am very doubtful that they treat any of the other vendors differently. As far as I know it's not a question of them having the same contract as Eircom. Eircom do the repair, everyone else has a contract with them.

UPC probably do have the best package... maybe I should think about that...

ix.

• Advertisement

well what the sales guy told me is that they are contracted to eircom rather than work for them so because Pure are the only guarenteed Irish company left they were given the same contract by comreg to the engineers, Hopefully I will never have to find out.

With regards to UPC sure they are good prices but I feel like its putting all your eggs in one basket. If something goes wrong you lose everything. TV, phone & BB. Plus you can't get Sky Atlantic on UPC so I would miss all the programmes I watch there :D

With regards to UPC sure they are good prices but I feel like its putting all your eggs in one basket. If something goes wrong you lose everything. TV, phone & BB. Plus you can't get Sky Atlantic on UPC so I would miss all the programmes I watch there :D

Actually I see that the UPC price for me would be 38+5(to allow daytime free calls) = 43. So a 2 euro saving, and reportedly a much better broadband service than Voda. Not a no brainer though as I lose the free Voda mobile calls which is usually worth a few euro.

Indeed Sky Atlantic may indeed be a very shrewd £150m move by Sky (5 year exclusivity to new HBO shows). I too am now reluctant to drop Sky and miss Game of Thrones!

And... this is my 1000th post. It's only taken me a little over 9 years!

x.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

just signed up to a crowd called Pure telecom for my phone and broadband about 2 months ago. Great deals, customized packages, bills as promised, great customer service.

Watch this space for further updates.

5 Stars so far
    So do you enjoy working for this "crowd"?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

hope he gets a staff discount at those prices

???

I dont work for them, I actually work (fortunately still) for a company that supplies ironmongery to the construction industry and have done since july 98. All I was doing was passing on what I thought was a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fidge13

slave1 wrote: »
    I get
    unlimited anytime local + national + international calls
    20mb broadband
    250gig download

€38 per month incl line rental & vat with UPC, shop around my friend if you think €55 per month is a bargain

I'm on the vodafone package but would gladly give it up for a 250GB download. Is that UPC package available to anyone or do you need to give up Sky etc (not prepared to do that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

I think its open to everyone if its in your area.
    Unfortunatly UPC Phone isn't im my area (even through it runs off the internet :?)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Fidge13 wrote: »
    I'm on the vodafone package but would gladly give it up for a 250GB download. Is that UPC package available to anyone or do you need to give up Sky etc (not prepared to do that!)

think its an extra 7 euro/ month if no tv

Compak wrote: »
    think its an extra 7 euro/ month if no tv

and an extra 5 if you want free calls at peak time, ie before 6pm.

Ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

???

I dont work for them, I actually work (fortunately still) for a company that supplies ironmongery to the construction industry and have done since july 98. All I was doing was passing on what I thought was a good deal.

Is it the wife then?

Seriously though their "20 GB generous allowance" is laughable at the price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

ixtlan wrote: »
    Actually I see that the UPC price for me would be 38+5(to allow daytime free calls) = 43. So a 2 euro saving, and reportedly a much better broadband service than Voda. Not a no brainer though as I lose the free Voda mobile calls which is usually worth a few euro.

Indeed Sky Atlantic may indeed be a very shrewd £150m move by Sky (5 year exclusivity to new HBO shows). I too am now reluctant to drop Sky and miss Game of Thrones!

And... this is my 1000th post. It's only taken me a little over 9 years!

x.
    game of thrones is available for download on sunday nights, its shown first in the states, i dont have the patience to wait (thought i would throw it out there) only 500 mb per episode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dubrov

they have the same maintainence contract on the lines as eircom so if my line developed a fault they can get the engineers out just as quick. Where as vodaphone customers have to contact eircom to get a fault fixed.

I'm pretty sure Eircom do the maintenance on the lines no matter which company you are with. Sounds like the sales guy really roped you in

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭NewHillel

cas2kx wrote: »
    I think its open to everyone if its in your area.
    Unfortunatly UPC Phone isn't im my area (even through it runs off the internet :?)

UPC Phone is IP-based, which is the same underlying technology as "the Internet". It doesn't 'run off the Internet'. :)

Is it the wife then?

Seriously though their "20 GB generous allowance" is laughable at the price.

nope she works for a certain "brown" package company

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

That's seriously not a good deal. I would imagine even eircom would do better than that.

What I pay Vodafone €45 for would cost €62 with Pure Telecom.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hollands

Just a cautionary note regarding upc and its anytime phone package. When it comes to calling say the u.k., the so called 'ANYTIME' package is limited to 400 minutes per month ( small print). I complained to advertising standards about a package called anytime having restrictions. They supported UPC as they were told UPC weren't enforcing the limit!!
    Try going over the limit with them and then enjoy a hefty bill at the end of the month. Other then that, broadband 20mg works great, as does the phone service. The supplied phone is fit for the bin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

well what the sales guy told me is that they are contracted to eircom rather than work for them so because Pure are the only guarenteed Irish company left they were given the same contract by comreg to the engineers, Hopefully I will never have to find out.

You can get UPC broadband as a standalone product although there's a €7.50 per month surcharge for not taking the tv and phone with it.You can keep your Sky tv and use UPC for broadband-this is becoming very popular.
    This is probably only an option for you in 10 months time as I'm sure you are tied into a 12 month contract with Pure and are only 2 months into it.

Advertisement