Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Marketing and online PR

Options
  • 04-05-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Guys,

I was looking up doing a postgrad in internet marketing and I came across the DIPLOMA IN INTERNET MARKETING & ONLINE PR at FITZWILLIAM INSTITUTE.
    I was wondering have any of you done this course or no anyone that has and if so what is it like?
    Also they say 95% get full time jobs from their placement so i was wondering is this true?

I would be grateful for any comments as Im trying to decide wat course to do so any help would be great!
    Or any other recommendations of other diplomas in this area out there?

Thanks,
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 study68

I would recommend doing multiple small/few weeks courses on specific inernet marketing subjects rather than doing a full 1 or 2 years of diploma..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 egans88

Well the course itself only runs for 12 weeks with 12 weeks work experience too which is the thing attracting me to it.
    Do you ave any recommendations or any quality short term courses there may be?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brian duffy

Why not just setup a blog for yourself, hook up Google analytics and set yourself targets for getting visitors. You'll figure it out by yourself!!

If you have nothing to blog about then you could setup an affiliate marketing site.

"With Affiliate Marketing you earn an agreed commission each and every time you direct a new customer to another businesses website."

Learning IM is fun and you can make money instead of wasting it on an overpriced college course, IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 alphshuffel

study68 wrote: »
    I would recommend doing multiple small/few weeks courses on specific inernet marketing subjects rather than doing a full 1 or 2 years of diploma..
    I am agree with you. It is better to get a short diploma rather than doing a year long course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

@ Anthony

I have looked up your 1 week bootcamp courses and I am interested in attending. I have a friend that did it last yr but he mentioned that he had to work for free for a yr to gain experience and get a paid job in the field. He is I believe returning to to the Diploma in Sep.

I did a course previously through work last year over 8 weeks and while I enjoyed it I felt that as a lot of my colleagues were not interested in it that it dragged the class momentum down and I dont think I got as much as I wanted from it.

So I was have a number of queries for you............

Can the 1 week course be paid of in installments prior to starting?

What are the chances of gaining employment after doing the 1 week bootcamp course. I intend to door this course as a stepping stone with a view to doing the year long PT Diploma.

In the meantime can you recommend any literature that would be beneficial to read up on.

Thanks

frAg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 appleme

online pr is important in business especially today wherein competition is very high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Why not just setup a blog for yourself, hook up Google analytics and set yourself targets for getting visitors. You'll figure it out by yourself!!

Is that what every cowboy done in the building industry did ??? My own mother was out thousands because of cowboys that couldnt do the job they said they could even with references.. I,d love to flame u on this but im gonna bite my tongue !!

That 12 week course as far as i know as ive been searching for something with a degree is the only national and international recognised qualification to come out of ireland and its only fetac level 6..
    I am personally going to do it once im finished my business batchelors diploma, to give me a "solid" professional piece of paper to state that i can do this work.
    I have a lot of websites in different niches with top 5 rankings but without a concrete professional backround people wont give u the time of day which is dissapointing.

Advertisement