Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG hk416 vs BAR 10

Options
  • 04-05-2011 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Ok I have both of these sitting in front of both of me and I love both equally. Both are stock except the 416 is running on a 9.6 in a crane stock (thank you The Joker).

Basically I've some money and am dying to do some upgrades before I go to some games again during the summer. So basically I want to know which one ye think I should upgrade first and what to do. I want the best value for money upgrades possible.

Before anyone starts I've gamed with a bolt-action before and liked it so that's not an acceptable reason to pick the 416!

Help much appreciated as always, thank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Which would you use more?

You could upgrade the Bar-10 yourslef, easy as pie, so you could save some money there. Honestly only you know which is best. We all have our own oppinions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I think it depends on your personal taste. Which do you prefer using?

There are viable options to upgrade both, making significant improvement with little cost (overall)

For the Bar-10.... change the hop rubber to a firefly (roughly €10-15) The bar-10 comes with a 6.03 tightbore as standard I belive (or have been told) So the hopup should make a big difference.

Other than that, when the hop unit is closed and reassembled, PTFE tape around the end of where the barrel exits the hop chamber... big difference, the bar-10 hop unit is good, but leaks air.

That should improve your performance a fair bit. (deffinately noticable)

The 416... madbull barrel and hop rubber that beyotch.... €40-50 euro max? Massive performance change.

That should give both noticably higher range and accuracy, for a total of roughly €60-70 notes.

I call it 'bi winning' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Thanks though where would I get all those things? Anywhere in Ireland? Also the 416 has a two-piece hopup? I'm trying, as we speak, to figure out how to take it out.

Oh and I know I said I like the bolt-action thing but I suppose, as expected, an AEG is more versatile and will probably be used more.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

@ firekitten

why you say firefly for the bar 10 only?
    thanks

Firefly hop rubber is one of the best for the vsr10 line Far softer than the standard, so more stable hopup. Its also not that expensive... Oh, edited becaues I just noticed 'only' I meant the firefly vsr style bucking... it doesnt take aeg hop rubbers... they are vsr ones.

Parts... Not sure on shops, I know some irish stores carry the barrel, but best bet for it all in one go is firesupport in the uk.

The two part hop has to go... many air loss... One method, is to get a hacksaw blade.. even the cheapy junior ones work, take it off the saw, and snap it in half so one end has no 'bar' that holds it in the saw.

use this to saw down the side of the hop unit, and remove the lower lugs that hold the nozzle part in, and make it like the lower of a single part m4 lower...
    It should look like this...
    Photo0071.jpg
    Photo0072.jpg
    Its a 5 minute job, nice and easy and pain free. Just remember youve got a single piece unit now and cant just tilt the reciver up and off :) (Sliding it off should be fine)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

glicster wrote: »
    @ firekitten

why you say firefly for the bar 10 only?
    thanks

AFAIK it the best rubber you can get without getting a whole new hop-up unit. I have one in my Bar-10 at the minute. Definitely made a difference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

I have the Madbull barrel and blue ho up on order from AirsoftKings its coming to around €40 incl. P&P

I have an old plastic hop up unit around here somewhere... would that work with the Madbull rubber and barrel?

Firekitten, you are legend. I've been trying to figure that out for months!

Most units will be an improvement on the two piece....

and... yes I know :rolleyes: :D

I did a right job on the bad boy, think I cut more than I needed but it's functional. Anyways it's hidden when the gun's assembled and who cares about it being pretty?! (Gucci lovers should keep their mouths shut)

I already have tape on the stock and stuff ha!

Ok so now to go look for these parts!

• Advertisement

Tape on the stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Firekitten wrote: »
    Most units will be an improvement on the two piece....

and... yes I know :rolleyes: :D
    Great example: In the shop last week, we built an M4 that was shooting at 202fps with a 2 piece unit, took that out and modified the reciever, stuck in a G&G 1 piece 325fps. Now that's a result.

The two piece hop unit is about as airtight as Osama Bin laden's dishdash... Both are full of holes.

Tape holds on the butt plate because the to little clips are ..... let's just say I got so frustrated they cried and ran away. I also have a rip tie as a front sling mount and a sawn m4 carry handle for a rear sight. It's a lovely mule of a thing.

Anywho I got in contact with the guys from that site mentioned and they're gonna get me the Madbull Bucking and I think the barrel but I'll probably end up going to fire-support for the Firefly bucking, unless you can suggest something else?

You can get the firefly from SE Airsoft here if you want to buy from Ireland.

Thanks Richie but it's a bit pricey there? Or would it be that dear to get it shipped over anyway?

Havn't a clue but thats the only place I know has them in Ireland as far as I know but it would probably be cheaper from somewhere abroad, never noticed the price for some reason I thought it said €12 or thereabouts (don't know why I thought that :confused:)

Ok well anyways thanks.

For those who are interested, here's what I've done so far...
    Replaced 2 piece hop up on the 416 with plastic 1 piece hop up
    Wrapped teflon tape around the barrel where it meets the hop up on both

Had a quick shoot around today and the 416 is much more consistent and has greater range but it could do with some more and definitely more accuracy. BAR 10 range is excellent but needs more accuracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭darkgamerdk

iv got a acm hk416 aswell looking to do some major upgrades nd a longer barrel going for a sniper kinda a look

any one able to help willing to spend €100 to €150 on internals

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Firekitten wrote: »
    I think it depends on your personal taste. Which do you prefer using?

There are viable options to upgrade both, making significant improvement with little cost (overall)

For the Bar-10.... change the hop rubber to a firefly (roughly €10-15) The bar-10 comes with a 6.03 tightbore as standard I belive (or have been told) So the hopup should make a big difference.

Other than that, when the hop unit is closed and reassembled, PTFE tape around the end of where the barrel exits the hop chamber... big difference, the bar-10 hop unit is good, but leaks air.

That should improve your performance a fair bit. (deffinately noticable)

The 416... madbull barrel and hop rubber that beyotch.... €40-50 euro max? Massive performance change.

That should give both noticably higher range and accuracy, for a total of roughly €60-70 notes.

I call it 'bi winning' :D

Just to backup what fire kitten said - i had the agm HK416 which is pretty similar. the difference a tightbore barrell and a decent hopup rubber was unbelievable. I also got a better battery like you did and saw a big jump in the ROF. My next move would have been a faster motor but i sold it insead and got a G&G from the good folk at QAS. Before to invest too much have a think about what you would get if you sold your guns and got a new one. worth thinking about :)

• Advertisement

Ok got a Madbull Python and blue bucking, barrel doesn't want to slide in though, seems a bit wider that the standard barrel? Should I just sand off the paint on the bit needed?

barrel with bucking on doesnt want to slide into hop unit?

if so, yeah, thats normal. Don't bother. a lot of silicone spray, and some tactical wiggling gets it to fit. its designed to be a tigh fit... better air seal.

And we all know Mr Air Seal is our friend! (but not Bin Ladens)

Danae worry, it will fit in the end.

No some silly spray got it into the hop up but the barrel won't fit into the outer barrel?

erm, really? wow....

not noticed that before ever really... how far off is it? 'too tight' or 'just wont fit'?

Too tight. I've a barrel here from an old Sportsline and it has the same problem? Surely a quick sanding should sort it?

Odd.... very odd... yeah, perhaps its the paint. Honestly never had that happen to my stuff... try sanding the paint surface off? might help? and silicone the barrel and inside of the outer? Can't hurt.

Ok well thanks anyway, wish me look! :D

Ok sand paper did f***all and either did a paint scraper... Frick. Any other ideas?

Ok I just smuthered it in lube and it slotted in grand...

So now the 416 is shooting through a standard plastic m4 hop up unit, madbull Blue rubber and Madbull Black Python barrel.

Got me some Guarder .25 gramme BBs and despite the wind today it's shooting absolutely excellently! So consistent.

Used the BBs in the BAR 10 also and it's improved the range and accuracy considerably. Thanks for your help guys. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement