Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you describe your experience of Deja Vu to me?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

It happens with me several times. I guess this happens for I think a lot about things. I use to leave in my own world of imagination and such things often with people like that and if a person has some psychic ability or things like that. I will try to explain one of the incident here. Once I went to office for some meeting etc. and felt like I have seen them and office environment before and I think it was happening because I constantly tried to correlate that environment with my imagination that I know them before. And things like that... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Occasionally a neuron in my brain misfires and stimulates my brain's memory centre rather than the 'new experiences' centre. This causes my brain to feel like it has experienced a moment of time before, a feeling which most people call deja-vu. I then go "Woah, I just got the weirdest sense of deja-vu", and my friends and I have a chuckle.

This is my experience of deja-vu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

kylith wrote: »
    Occasionally a neuron in my brain misfires and stimulates my brain's memory centre rather than the 'new experiences' centre. This causes my brain to feel like it has experienced a moment of time before, a feeling which most people call deja-vu. I then go "Woah, I just got the weirdest sense of deja-vu", and my friends and I have a chuckle.

This is my experience of deja-vu.

Have I posted on this topic already ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

It happens with me several times. I guess this happens for I think a lot about things. I use to leave in my own world of imagination and such things often with people like that and if a person has some psychic ability or things like that. I will try to explain one of the incident here. Once I went to office for some meeting etc. and felt like I have seen them and office environment before and I think it was happening because I constantly tried to correlate that environment with my imagination that I know them before. And things like that... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I thought Deja vu was when a signal from one eye. Isn't as quick as the other.the quicker signal goes to the brain and registers followed by the slower signal which gives us the impression we've seen it before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

its fun in a weird way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

i have an odd feeling i have read this before............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Gerry.H

I have experienced this on a very small number of occasions. It is really weird when it happens. I think it is a trick of the mind. We are all slaves to our perception and it is very difficult to interpret coz to do so you are using the same machine (the mind) that has malfunctioned to figure it out.
    I had a series of very uncomfortable events after going to sleep at night, the figure at the end of the bed that most people are familiar with. It came to the stage that i feared going to bed at night. Then one night, as the figure was there, suddenly it wasnt. I had woken up. I realised immediately that I had been dreaming and the dream was me as i was in bed with the addition of that figure. It never happened again. That is not Deja Vu, i know, but i cite it as a similar example of a trick of the mind. I think there is a similar explanation for Deja Vu, ie, technical, and not spooky

Cheers,

Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

seannash wrote: »
    I thought Deja vu was when a signal from one eye. Isn't as quick as the other.the quicker signal goes to the brain and registers followed by the slower signal which gives us the impression we've seen it before
    Its something along those lines, where you see something and its put into long term memory by way of a glitch or something and then within the same second you see the same thing again and its correctly put into your short term memory and the brain referencing the incorrect long term memory makes you think you saw it before...or something along those lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Antikythera

seannash wrote: »

Some weird fullstops there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

320x240.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thread bump of a research project so.... closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement