Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince of Nothing Series

Options
  • 04-05-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone read the Prince of Nothing series, thinking of getting them and just want to get some feedback before i do.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I have read them and am currently reading the follow up triology. I absolutely loved them .. very dark and unusual.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yeah, I've read it and enjoyed it. It's an interesting study in extreme manipulation. Apparently the writer spent ages getting the dialogue for the lead [Kellhus] right because his every utterance needed to sound intelligent.

The books do tend to drift quite heavily into philosophy, and sometimes it does drag down the pace but some of it is quite interesting.
    It's also a bleak series so don't expect too many laughs..

If you like it, then there's the sequel series "Aspect-Emperoer" of which two books have been published so far (the most recent only a few weeks ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I didn't really enjoy it. Too mired in philosophical ideologies for me and I couldn't really get to grips with the world and characters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Just ordered a copy, looking forward to trying it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Read the Prince of Nothing trilogy, loved it. It was dark, gritty, unusual, and clever. Like the others said, lots of philosophical meanderings.Once I sat down and got stuck in I fairly raced through the books, didn't really slow down for me. Fighting, politics, religious nutjobs, and creepy, creepy bad guys. Well worth a look. Really want to get my hands on the Aspect Emperor stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭cbsam74

Lads, thanks for all your feedback.

Advertisement