Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show signature users percentage

Options
  • 04-05-2011 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

What is the percentage of users who ticked (activated) the Show Signature option?

It might be useful from a SEO point of view.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 wolffe

I see the thread was moved (probably by an admin or a mod) but not answered. I'd really like to know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

wolffe wrote: »
    I'd really like to know.

Which is why I moved it to the devs area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

7% of the users have signatures turned on.

Bear in mind that signatures are only shown to logged-in users. Guests never see them.

From an SEO point of view signatures are worthless, since the search engine spiders are guest users and hence are not shown the signatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Conor wrote: »
    7% of the users have signatures turned on.
    I'm surprised it's so few. I would have said 7% have them turned off!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement