Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testers for Android Application

Options
  • 04-05-2011 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have just developed an Android application using Hunch as part of my Final Year Project for my undergraduate degree. My project is now coming to an end and I would really appreciate if some people would test the application for me.

I have uploaded it to google code, http://hoosheer.googlecode.com/files/Hoosheer_v1.apk

also if you could fill in a short survey on your interaction with the system, it would be greatly appreciated.
    www.surveymonkey.com/s/GNM3Q5K

One caveat however, this is due at 5/5/2011 at 5pm GMT so any feedback before then would be much appreciated :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

chlynch wrote: »
    I have just developed an Android application using Hunch as part of my Final Year Project for my undergraduate degree. My project is now coming to an end and I would really appreciate if some people would test the application for me.

I have uploaded it to google code, http://hoosheer.googlecode.com/files/Hoosheer_v1.apk

also if you could fill in a short survey on your interaction with the system, it would be greatly appreciated.
    www.surveymonkey.com/s/GNM3Q5K

One caveat however, this is due at 5/5/2011 at 5pm GMT so any feedback before then would be much appreciated :-)

Yup, we'll install a random application (with no info about what it actually does) from someone who has never posted on boards before....

Any chance of some more info? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chlynch

Mr E wrote: »
    Yup, we'll install a random application (with no info about what it actually does) from someone who has never posted on boards before....

Any chance of some more info? :)

Whoops, sorry! it's a recommender system that uses Foursquare and Hunch to
    1. show you nearby venue using Foursquare
    2. show recommendations based on the categories such as music, books, etc from the people that previously like this venue.

This is the webpage that I created as the backend for the application http://hoosheer.appspot.com/

Hope this gives you a better insight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Done and Done, good app and good luck on your project

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chlynch

One last thing I wanted to mention which I have to edit on the app, when you go to the log in page, the options of log in using Foursquare corresponds to you already having an account on Hoosheer and creating a new account creates one on the backend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

GPS is never turned off when you exit the app. Wouldn't work for me though just had grey boxes. Probably because I am indoors.

Did you make sure you turned it off with a onPause method?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Beeloved

I saw your application and im very proud of you. but please am having my final year project soon also, i was thinking if i can do same thing you did...but a more updated version if there is any..please can you help me out.

Advertisement