Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protecting luggage for flights

Options
  • 04-05-2011 8:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello all

I saw an old post about this but no definitive answer...is there anywhere to get luggage shrink wrapped/protected in Dublin before flying? Haven't seen or heard of any facility at Dublin airport but surely there must be some way to do this? Will be taking a buggy and carseat to NZ so really want them covered or protected somehow for the flight.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Can't the authorities get in to your luggage anyway if they really, really want to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kelznz

It's not to stop people getting in to the luggage that I want it wrapped for, it's to protect the fabric and keep the items clean for when we get to the other side...

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭shovel

Best bet is to get/buy a roll of pallet wrap and wrap the stuff yourself.

Its very easy to do.

Two fingers in the centre core and your thumbs on the wrap outside for tension.

Just go slowly so no friction burns!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

I think there is a facility for that in Dublin airport. At least there used to be, as I used it myself about 2 years ago to wrap an item we were bringing to Turkey. Having said that, because I have had no need for the facility since then, I haven't really registered if it is still in operation.

Perhaps ring the info desk in the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I work in the airport and Im 99.9% sure that theres not that facility here. You can just wrap your luggage yourself though, its pretty much the same thing. Wont be as tightly done but you can just secure it with a bit of tape if needs be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement