Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Great band, love Private Revolution. Didn't realise Wallinger had been sick for such a long time, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

Super find OP - my first post on here - Karl was out of action for years following a brain anurysm (sp?) and had to do considerable amount of rehabilitation - got back into music eventually and WP started gigging again about 6 or 7 years ago - KW got done out of some serious royalties by Robbie Williams re "She's the one" cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

I'd completely forgotten about Goodbye Jumbo . .used to have it on cassette but stupidly left it & the Walkman on the Donnelly's bus going up to the big smoke one Sunday back in 1990 . . gutted I was!
    Really great album, I remember loving every track on it & its stood the test of time. . thanks for the reminder Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭trashcan

Honestly didn't realise that "Shes The One" was a Karl wallinger song. Put the Message in the Box is a super song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

Here's a brilliant page were you can download twenty six different live concerts, sessions & interviews spanning the career of World Party from their beginnings right up to a gig in Seattle in 2009. Ive so far only downloaded the BBC sessions from 1990 -97 which are excellent.
    I also notice on the home page that their current tour is cancelled due to sickness . .Hope that aneurism isn't back to haunt him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement