Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short poem.

Options
  • 04-05-2011 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

First post here (not on Boards, but I've never really written anything before), choosing to go anon.
    I don't claim it's any good, I've never written anything before and honestly know nothing about writing.
    They sneak glances at each other from across the room.
    It doesn't matter what they're trying to communicate to one another (bemusement, amusement, longing?), when their eyes meet the room lights up and they appear as one.
    As though they're propelled by the same desires and hopes, and have the same plans for achieving them.
    As though they're held back by the same regrets and worries, and have the same methods for dealing with them.
    As though whatever they do, wherever they go, they'll be there for each other when one needs to rejoice, to bitch, to make sense of the busy world around them, or just to have someone to hold.
    As though they'll never have to go through that loneliness again.
    As though their paths won't separate and their problems won't overwhelm.
    As though their tears and frustrations are a thing of the past.
    As though this fling will last.

Just pacing my room, thinking, and this seemed to just start going into my head, it actually had a much happier ending at first, but once I started typing it up that seemed to be forgotten, and this one took its place :(.

Advertisement