Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silva Vs Shields

Options
  • 04-05-2011 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, now that GSP Vs Shields is over and many were unimpressed with Georges performance; how do people think Anderson Vs Shields would go. I honestly think Shields would give him more trouble than he did Georges. Although his last two performances have not shown it Jake is a great wrestler. I believe he could take Anderson down. I'm not saying he would submit him but he wouldn't get caught like Chael did. I could honestly see him winning via decision against Shields. At the same time Anderson always finds a way to win. A match I'd love to see but not sure what Shields' plans are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,680 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Don't want to be crude but Silva would actually make Shields his Biitch

1270026316_anderson-silva-rape.gif

Shields no where near to getting offered that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Really not sure is you are serious

• Registered Users Posts: 29,680 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mellor wrote: »
    Really not sure is you are serious

I'm deadly serious :D

(ya, I was thinking the same)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Don't want to be crude but Silva would actually make Shields his Biitch

1270026316_anderson-silva-rape.gif

Shields no where near to getting offered that fight.

hilarious and true, i like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Shields wanted to come into the UFC and fight Silva originally did he not ?

• Advertisement

I think Shields should have went after Silva first Win streak V Win Streak (obviously that oppurtunity is gone) He is a lot better than he has shown. Either that or he's losing it with age.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I doubt he'd be offered this fight right away tbh. Don't see it happening for a while if it were to happen.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I thought that while GSP wasnt great (and to be fair he was poked in the eye and blind for half the fight)... Shields was a genuine disappointment and quite simply didnt impose himself in any way. I did see him shoot on GSP once, and made some half assed attempts at a single.

How did he think he was going to finish GSP? He hits like a girl so his only option was to submit him... which he is hardly going to do standing up.

So Shields versus Silva?!? Silva would spend half the time making up strikes to fend off the boredom of repeatedly punching Shields in the face.

Shields isnt nearly at the same level as top UFC fighters, far too one dimensional.

DeV.

Advertisement