Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips HDMI switching problem? [Solved!]

Options
  • 03-05-2011 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of a problem where a new blu-ray player doesnt show up on the tv while a UPC box (HD) is plugged into the TV too?

Both are connected to separate HDMI slots on the TV. When I plug out the UPC box hdmi cable from the TV, the Blu-ray works fine on channel HDMI2. When I plug in the UPC box, only that works, on channel HDMI1.

Basically the UPC box being plugged in seems to stop the TV from recognising that the Blu-ray is plugged into the TV.

Both are Philips brand. Ive tested both cables (blu-ray and cables work fine on the small tv upstairs).

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Seems to be sorted.. I replaced the new gold plated HDMI cable I got with a €12 Tesco cable and it works fine.

It seems my TV isnt compatible with the newer cable.

Advertisement