Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox controller to Fighting stick?

Options
  • 03-05-2011 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi,

just wondering if anyone here has hacked a xbox controller and turned it into a fighting stick?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I don't think theres really any hacking involved. You just open the controller and take the board out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yes, check shoryuken tech form for a huge thread.
    depends on type of controller, the old madcatz wired ones are the easiest to solder on

you just solder wires from the stick to the pcb, kiki helped me with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hygro, is this about your Xbox 1 pads? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Yikes ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Hygro, Kiki is the man around here with most experience, and who most of us would depend on for advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

yup, it's the xbox 1 pad. Am actually hoping to make a cp and some fighting sticks out of what I have.

Tried soldering the 1st pad ... disaster :( looks like a horror show ... it didn't work, plus I think the pad's beyond salvaging. I've 2 more, but I'm half thinking of just admitting defeat and buying dual strike pcbs now.

Advertisement