Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple SIM Mobile Phones

Options
  • 03-05-2011 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

I currently Spend a lot of time in Spain, Portugal and Ireland and find it a pain to keep Swapping SIM cards between my two Phones, I have also been missing calls due to having one SIM inactive at all times, but I really don't want to end up carrying 3 phones around with me. Therefore I have started looking into Dual SIM phones which seem to becoming more common, now I have come across a lot of Triple SIM phones from China which maybe the perfect solution for me.

Has anybody used these phones?
    Do they tend to all work from the same network? (for example while in Spain I would like to keep my Spanish-Orange SIM on the Orange network, but my Portuguese-Vodafone SIM on the Spanish-Vodafone network due to better rates, while the Irish-Three SIM can be on any network)

If the Triple SIM phone is not suitable, I would probably go for a Dual SIM and keep my Samsung Europa as my main phone, which I would swap SIM's into so that it is always on the local network, while the two Roaming SIM's can be in the Dual SIM phone. Therefore I would appreciate suggestions of relatively cheap Dual SIM phones, with bluetooth.

I know the above seems a little messy, but all ideas welcome..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

im fairly certain you cant have both sims running at the same time in a DUAL sim phone anyway, so it wouldnt really fix your missed call problem anyway. dont you have to reboot the phone and choose which sim you want operational? id hate to know the battery life on a phone thats constantly connecting to 2 different networks, it just doesnt seem possible (you'd need 2 radios in the phone and software to support it) or practical, RE: battery life lasting, i dunno, 6 hours tops?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

I found this on wikipedia Active Dual SIM Phones which seems to be a solution, however I can't find any of these phones online

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

I've been looking at the Samsung E2152 as the alternative, to use as a Dual SIM phone.

has anybody used it?

given that it is only a 2G phone, would my three SIM be compatable

Advertisement