Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The SCREW YOU review......!!!"

Options
  • 03-05-2011 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey, I just saw the funniest stand up comedy in a long long time!

Dublin Gay Theatre Festival is on since yesterday and running until the 15th of may, and not to segregate the festival in the gay and lesbian section, I'm writing a piece in this section as I sincerely have not been to a funnier stand up comedy act in a long long time!

The American duo from Florida have well researched Dublin and with their language and dialogue the are a very impressive pair and with no script there full show is based totally on their audience alone! "You cant get anything more creative than this"

They have Stunned their audiences with fresh humor and a new take to stand up comedy which has literally rocked the festival, on now only its second day, have notably been renamed on Dublin Street's as the
    "FU*K you review!!

The cast of 2, "Wayburn" an elderly backward thinking man who devils in this miss delights of the perfect culture, seated before him in the crowd gathered to watch there show! Not offensive and highly comical, Wayburn played by "Dewey Chaffee" creates at the beginning, a very warm atmosphere in the basement Theatre in the Outhouse, 105 Capel Street.

His achievements as a stand up comic are creative as his script comes from the 2 way conversations between himself and audience members.
    The audience participate in writing down some random questions which
    " Wayburn" will then answer. His reply's are punchy, imaginative and thrilling as his mind works in over drive to get the constant laugh's from the audience and no script! This Guy is hilarious!

6ft7 DiDi Panache acts almost as an assistant type figure, something like Debbie to Paul Daniels and with the big bold wigs - she's not far off either, she's the gentle to the hard, the black to the white, she plays a softer more sympathetic role to the brash outbreaks and conduct of "Wayburn".

Throughout the performance Didi launches into song several times,
    creating a musical undertone to the double act. Her Voice very well trained and in the enclosed basement has as an air of true professionalism, she's no tape recorded tranny! This one can sing! Susan Boyle, except with a great figure!

Mid way through you can see the face of the audience almost child like with excitement waiting for the next thrill from the entertaining duo, this pair will have you cracking up from the first few min's. The atmosphere is warm and they have almost a tactile and affectionate relationship with the audience, something unique to stand up comedy.

Their inviting display of comedy won me over immediately and Im usually hostile when it comes to comedy. I was stone cold sober and my stomach ached from laughing, I definitely recommend anyone needing a
    "GOOD LAUGH" to go and see the "F*CK you review"

For more info www.gaytheatre.ie

Tickets from 8 euro. - You wont a get a decent laugh cheaper!!

Advertisement