Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any decent snooker clubs round waterford/dungarvan

Options
  • 03-05-2011 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

anyone know of any decent snooker halls in co.waterford, i useally go to a pub nearby but the felt on the tables inside of it are all pockmarked and the condition of the tables is to put it simply "awful", heard there was one in ardkeen but its a long way off for me, any info is apprecited, tanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Yuptizme

There's a club (quite good) in Cappoquin. Contact details can be found at this link. http://www.waterfordsportspartnership.ie/csv.cgi?sport=48

• Registered Users Posts: 18 WSC

There's a small private club card and snooker club in Dungarvan with two tables which some of the lads from Waterford Snooker Club now play in. Both tables were only recovered a few weeks ago and will be kept in top class condition from now on. The best match table from the Ardkeen Club is now there and both tables are heated.

Membership is 80 Euro a year but lights are only 3.80 an hour.

It used to have a bar also but that closed that when it was quite there, as its going so well now it might open again but some of the members just bring a pint in from the next door pub.

If your interested in more info PM me here and I pass on the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

WSC wrote: »
    There's a small private club card and snooker club in Dungarvan with two tables which some of the lads from Waterford Snooker Club now play in. Both tables were only recovered a few weeks ago and will be kept in top class condition from now on. The best match table from the Ardkeen Club is now there and both tables are heated.

It used to have a bar also but that closed that when it was quite there, as its going so well now it might open again but some of the members just bring a pint in from the next door pub.

Sounds good... But Dungarvan too far for me. Used to go to CYMS at Parnell St Waterford. two nice tables, with 50 p for half an hour in the seventies if i can remember correctly.. Those were great times, but you had to wait your turn for the tables was a problem, til Snooker exploded into the early eighties , Sullys, Showboat and De La Salle... Best of luck to Dungarvan Snooker club...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 corkcelt

WSC wrote: »

Hi just reading ur post now,just moved to the area and looking for a few frames of snooker,would you have a contact name or number for the club in abbey side plesse

Advertisement