Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary Fermentation in Bottles

Options
  • 03-05-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have 80 bottles of homebrew sitting in boxes in my house. I used the cooper's kits to make them, adding carbonation drops to the bottles and everything looks okay. I am just wondering how long I should "age" them for? I plan on ageing one for 12 weeks as recommended on the instructions and plan on giving the other about 7-8 weeks. Is this enough or should they be left longer to improve the taste?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

The bottles should be fully carbonated after about two weeks at about 18C, then its sampling time :D. Most beers will improve alright if left for a month or two, some say wheat beers are best drunk fairly early. I find kit beers improve alot with a bit of conditioning while regular strength all-grain beers are ready for drinking a few weeks after bottling. If you have the willpower let your beer condition for two months it really should benefit from it. No harm though having a few sample in between :)

Advertisement