Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning about Wine

Options
  • 03-05-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

In the free time that I will have over the next few months I would like to learn about wine.

I am not that big into wine to be honest, but I would be interested in learning to beome a bit of an "expert" as it could benefit me professionally and also give me something to do over the summer.

Is there a particular route I should take, i.e course on the subject or should I start picking up books and soaking up as much information as I can get my hands on?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 MOHPremierWine

Take a look at the following link which gives a list of course providers- these courses are run by the WSET (Wine & Spirit Education Trust), who are the leading providers of wine education in the world. http://www.dermotnolan.ie/education/course-providers.

There are a few one-day wine courses available too. Take a look at earlier threads on wine courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Thanks, giving it a look now.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Wine for Dummies (got mine on Amazon) is a good place to start and then move on to WSET courses

Advertisement