Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother 1+2 Fan Translation finally released!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nice. Not sure I could play through Mother 1 again though, it was really tough and grindy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nice. Not sure I could play through Mother 1 again though, it was really tough and grindy.

I've never actually played Mother. Mother 2 on the other hand, ranks as one of the finest video games I've ever played. Same can be said for Mother 3.

I've not played Earthbound Zero. Wasn't that a bastardisation of Mother 1 and Mother 2 for the USA market? Might have my facts wrong there so would be good to know.

Shame Itoi has ruled out ever making another Mother game. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

The patch includes an item which implements the effects of the easy patch.

megaten wrote: »
    The patch includes an item which implements the effects of the easy patch.

Yep it can also be disabled too, I forget how but it's all there in the release notes.

I wish I could find the time to play them but I just don't have the time to invest in an RPG these days. Especially knowing that my copy of Mushihimesama Futari v1.5 is floating around the globe somewhere right now, winging it's way to plop delicately on my door mat soon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,692 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I wish I could find the time to play them but I just don't have the time to invest in an RPG these days.

It's really annoying isn't it? The only way I can really manage is on a handheld which I can carry about and play on public transport etc.
    Especially knowing that my copy of Mushihimesama Futari v1.5 is floating around the globe somewhere right now, winging it's way to plop delicately on my door mat soon! :D

Nice one! Did it cost you a small fortune or did you get it for a decent price?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

o1s1n wrote: »

It (and I think Espgaluda 2) have been released on the Xbox Platinum range so they're going cheaply :)

*hugs original copies*

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's really annoying isn't it? The only way I can really manage is on a handheld which I can carry about and play on public transport etc.

Yep, I'm getting married in 9 weeks so too stressed with that to invest time in an RPG! Besides that, indeed my carefree days are long since gone. No more marathon all nighters on FF6/FF7/DQV. Those have been replaced by walking the dog and visiting garden centres. :(

I'd play an RPG on my DSi XL but then I just end up booting up Ketsui Death Label and that's the end of everything!

I got my copy of Mush from Play Asia for €26.99 delivered. Bare in mind it's the region free Platinum Collection one and I had to wait for about 3 weeks while it was on back order (it only dispatched last week). Should be here soon I hope! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've not played Earthbound Zero. Wasn't that a bastardisation of Mother 1 and Mother 2 for the USA market? Might have my facts wrong there so would be good to know.

Earthbound Zero was the official translation of Mother 1. It was fully translated and working but Nintendo never released it. It was thought not to exist until someone found a Beta cartridge of it a few years ago.

I read about the easy ring in this version as well so I might actually play this now. Earthbound Zero has a scene just before the end which is very nearly tearjerkingly brilliant and I always felt that it wasn't given enough exposition and this let it down. I think a more accurate translation will make it a whole lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

Earthbound Zero was the official translation of Mother 1. It was fully translated and working but Nintendo never released it. It was thought not to exist until someone found a Beta cartridge of it a few years ago.

I read about the easy ring in this version as well so I might actually play this now. Earthbound Zero has a scene just before the end which is very nearly tearjerkingly brilliant and I always felt that it wasn't given enough exposition and this let it down. I think a more accurate translation will make it a whole lot better.

I didn't realize it was a new translation. I thought they just inserted the earthbound zero script. Must give it another playthrough after I finish the rest of the series so.

Advertisement