Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requirements for setting up a Cake business? Please help!

Options
  • 03-05-2011 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hey, I want to set up a cake business (from home) and want everything to be legit. I currently make novelty cakes for family and friends and have started to get a lot of enquiries for sales but I know I need to set up as a business first before I can sell

What I need to know is, as I work full time, if I set up a business will I have to register as self employed?

Also about health/hygiene standards, what certificates do I need?

Any advice would really be appreciated!

D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

The FSAI has info on this on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

You need to contact your local Environmental Health Officer to arrange an inspection of your kitchen, to get your HSE Registration. You can register as a sole trader and still be working another job full time. You will also need to look into getting product liability insurance, and public liability also if you plan to do markets or have customers come into your home, etc.

Try the Entrepreneur section of this site too for info and advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Cake & Pie forum.

HB

Advertisement