Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Laden, Wikileaks, and an imminent European nuclear false-flag attack

Options
  • 03-05-2011 1:52am
    Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭

This was published just last week in The NY Daily News. The involvement of Wikileaks adds an extra layer as it is a psyops IMO.

• 450x364-alg_arrest_khalid_sheikh_mohammed.jpg

Accused 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed during his arrest on March… (DAILY NEWS STAFF)

WikiLeaks reveals Al Qaeda thug Khalid Shaikh Mohammed vowed 'nuclear hellstorm' tied to Bin Laden

Secret government documents leaked to the media last night reveal a top Gitmo detainee vowed to unleash a "nuclear hellstorm" if Osama Bin Laden was ever captured or assassinated.

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the suspected mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, claimed Al Qaeda had hidden a nuclear bomb in Europe that was tied to Bin Laden's fate, according to a dump of classified documents released by the WikiLeaks website.
    http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-04-25/news/29492085_1_wikileaks-nuclear-hellstorm-nuclear-bomb

What are the odds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Saw this earlier and wondered if Al-Qaida had some inkling that a raid was imminent.
    Although I'd imagine the odds of a nuclear attack on Europe is low, don't think they could get their hands on it, especially considering how closely they're monitored since 9/11. Not to mention the fact that they would do it anyway, whether bin Laden was alive or dead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Any chance we can tell Obama to fcuk off and not come near us this month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

What would be the logic behind hiding it in Europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

What would be the logic behind hiding it in Europe?

Flying it first class to the US would cause suspicion, europe is part of the largest land mass on the planet, many US bases in europe, plenty of european countries have soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq, easier transport by land/sea, plenty of targets all around, I havent read the article but wouldn't be surprised if it were sourced from pakistan or some former soviet state, now part of europe, moving it not too far for storage.

I'm not saying they have got a nuke, just explaining why it may be stored in europe.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

yekahS wrote: »

Ha. Never considered that. I can picture it now Irish clowns lining the steets for the Obamanation celebrating the apparent execution without trial it'll be like Orwells Hate-week. Oh well

And just to throw this in.

Burials at sea like bin Laden’s against Islam
    Islam is opposed to burials at sea, a spokesman for Al-Azhar, the top Sunni Muslim authority, said on Monday after US officials said Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden had been given a watery grave.

“If it is true that the body was thrown into the sea, then Islam is totally against that,” Mahmud Azab, an adviser to the grand imam of Al-Azhar, Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb, told AFP.

“Any corpse, if it belongs to someone murdered or someone who died of natural causes, must be respected. The bodies of believers and non-believers, Muslim or Christian, must be respected,” he added.
    The Cairo-based Al-Azhar is the most prestigious centre of religious learning in the Sunni Muslim world.
    http://www.somalia24.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

I'd say we're safe enough, being an island on the edge of Europe and all that, and any suspected extremists would be well monitored. More worried about Sinn Fein types trying to riot when the Queen arrives when we should be showing off our country in as good a light as possible to the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I'd say we're safe enough, being an island on the edge of Europe and all that, and any suspected extremists would be well monitored.

Yeah, it was a tongue and cheek comment to be honest. I'd be shocked if AQ had a nuke. How the fcuk would Khaleed Mohammed know in any case. He's been in Gitmo getting waterboarded since 2004. Sounds more like scaremongering by the media.
    More worried about Sinn Fein types trying to riot when the Queen arrives when we should be showing off our country in as good a light as possible to the world.

Believe me I know all about that.... unfortunately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭GarlicBread

I'd say we're safe enough, being an island on the edge of Europe and all that

Im sure thats what David Camaron is thinking aswell :pac:.

If there was an attack, for our sake, hope the wind isnt blowing west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

“Any corpse, if it belongs to someone murdered or someone who died of natural causes, must be respected. The bodies of believers and non-believers, Muslim or Christian, must be respected,” he added.
    The Cairo-based Al-Azhar is the most prestigious centre of religious learning in the Sunni Muslim world.
    Two points for our learned Cairo-based friend: burial at sea is considered a respectful burial by those who buried bin Laden - they do it for their own soldiers too.

Secondly, how respectful were the Al Qaeda terrorists of the bodies of the people whose heads they cut off while they were alive (Ken Bigley etc.)? How respectfully treated are the bodies of US soldiers and Europeans who are killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc?

It seems that the US played a hell of a lot closer to the Islamic rules than the Muslims often do when the shoe is on the other foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Ha. Never considered that. I can picture it now Irish clowns lining the steets for the Obamanation celebrating the apparent execution without trial it'll be like Orwells Hate-week. Oh well

And just to throw this in.

Burials at sea like bin Laden’s against Islam
    Islam is opposed to burials at sea, a spokesman for Al-Azhar, the top Sunni Muslim authority, said on Monday after US officials said Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden had been given a watery grave.

“If it is true that the body was thrown into the sea, then Islam is totally against that,” Mahmud Azab, an adviser to the grand imam of Al-Azhar, Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb, told AFP.

Funny many of them don't show as much respect to actualy alive like iraqi market goers.

• Advertisement

fontanalis wrote: »
    Funny many of them don't show as much respect to actualy alive like iraqi market goers.

WTF are you talking about? Many of "them"? Meaning Muslims right?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

WTF are you talking about? Many of "them"? Meaning Muslims right?

That is clearly about TERRORISTS !!!! Clearly. Stop picking fights.

That is clearly about TERRORISTS !!!! Clearly. Stop picking fights.

Eh no. Look before you leap, he bolded a quote by an Islamic religous authority not a terrorist, There is a difference.

Two points for our learned Cairo-based friend: burial at sea is considered a respectful burial by those who buried bin Laden - they do it for their own soldiers too.

Secondly, how respectful were the Al Qaeda terrorists of the bodies of the people whose heads they cut off while they were alive (Ken Bigley etc.)? How respectfully treated are the bodies of US soldiers and Europeans who are killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc?

It seems that the US played a hell of a lot closer to the Islamic rules than the Muslims often do when the shoe is on the other foot.

How can you compare the actions of a terrorist organisation with a supposedly moral and forthright army?

If Osama is guilty of any of the crimes he is charged with I couldn't care less what they do with the body though I would favour respect for the dead overall regardless, It is protected by Common Law. I just think it is extremely dodgy that they flung him into the sea is all.

This is apparently the position of Islam on sea burials http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burial_at_sea#Islam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

How can you compare the actions of a terrorist organisation with a supposedly moral and forthright army?
    I'm confused BB - I thought the Americans were the worst in the world? Aren't they evil scumbags? So which one are you referring to when you say 'moral and forthright army'?
    I jest :)

This was published just last week in The NY Daily News. The involvement of Wikileaks adds an extra layer as it is a psyops IMO.

• 450x364-alg_arrest_khalid_sheikh_mohammed.jpg

Accused 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed during his arrest on March… (DAILY NEWS STAFF)

WikiLeaks reveals Al Qaeda thug Khalid Shaikh Mohammed vowed 'nuclear hellstorm' tied to Bin Laden

What are the odds?

First Responders, NYPD Conduct ‘Dirty Bomb’ Drill In NYC

April 5, 2011 3:18 PM

terror-drill.jpg?w=420
    About 80 NYPD vehicles and 160 officers departed from in front of UN headquarters Tuesday for assignments related to a full-scale exercise to stop a dirty bomb. (Credit: TwitPic/NYPDnews)

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A week-long series of terror drills involving dozens of agencies and first responders begins Tuesday in the Big Apple. The focus will be on one of the great concerns of the post-9/11 era: nuclear terrorism, Jay Dow reports.
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04/05/first-responders-nypd-conduct-dirty-bomb-drill-in-nyc/

• Registered Users Posts: 37 OldIrishWulf

There will be lots of media in the country around the time of his incursion .
    Make a few flags in advance and burn one if you get near him or a camera .
    Simples...You might want to paint a message on the painted sheet/flag.

or stay out of the limelight and go to the beach and try to forget he is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

The "war on terror" is alive and well it seems. In the wake of its figureheads reported demise, the mainstream media is full of uncorroborated and unprovable reports of his followers taking up the mantle, with even more horrific actions to come.

Does anyone know what has become of those men who were arrested and detained outside Sellafield?

I'd hazard a guess that eventually they'll be released without charge.
    Made a great story though didn't it? Scared a lot of folks i'd say.
    The fact is that the vast majority of these "terrorists" are splashed across the papers, but their release MIGHT get a mention on page 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

Wikileaks i suspect will be used more and more to announce stuff like this as it has become for many people an impeccable source of information. Very few question it's authenticity. Most people believe 100% in the fact that it's an authentic whistle-blowing organisation thats sole purpose is to reveal secret and classified material.
    The document dump related to the Baghdad airstrike that killed civilians and journalists in 2007 would be the most famous feather in its cap. Other Afghanistan and Iraq related documents have been published, along with the latest stuff from Guantanamo Bay.

Many would admit that these revelations, shocking as they are, might be considered small change compared to the wealth of information on any number of issues related to current and past CIA operations, Middle East affairs, etc etc.

So where's the juicy stuff Julian??

For the most part, what has been released so far has arguably not been aimed at the CIA, UK, or Isrealis rather such classic CIA enemies as Putin, Berlusconi, Karzai, Gaddafi, de Kirchner etc.

Now as BB points out, it's being used to scare the sh*t out of us with details of more planned attacks in the West.

All very fishy to me...

ed2hands wrote: »
    Wikileaks i suspect will be used more and more to announce stuff like this as it has become for many people an impeccable source of information. Very few question it's authenticity. Most people believe 100% in the fact that it's an authentic whistle-blowing organisation thats sole purpose is to reveal secret and classified material.
    The document dump related to the Baghdad airstrike that killed civilians and journalists in 2007 would be the most famous feather in its cap. Other Afghanistan and Iraq related documents have been published, along with the latest stuff from Guantanamo Bay.

Many would admit that these revelations, shocking as they are, might be considered small change compared to the wealth of information on any number of issues related to current and past CIA operations, Middle East affairs, etc etc.

So where's the juicy stuff Julian??

For the most part, what has been released so far has arguably not been aimed at the CIA, UK, or Isrealis rather such classic CIA enemies as Putin, Berlusconi, Karzai, Gaddafi, de Kirchner etc.

Now as BB points out, it's being used to scare the sh*t out of us with details of more planned attacks in the West.

All very fishy to me...

Couldn't agree more, well except for the part about Berlusconi being an enemy. I'd put Al Jazeera into that group with Wikileaks too. I think it is a genius psyop marketed toward the anti-war liberal crowd.

There is a term for it - "Limited Hangout"
    A limited hangout, or partial hangout, is a public relations or propaganda technique that involves the release of previously hidden information in order to prevent a greater exposure of more important details. It takes the form of deception, misdirection, or coverup often associated with intelligence agencies involving a release or "mea culpa" type of confession of only part of a set of previously hidden sensitive information, that establishes credibility for the one releasing the information who by the very act of confession appears to be "coming clean" and acting with integrity; but in actuality, by withholding key facts, is protecting a deeper operation and those who could be exposed if the whole truth came out. In effect, if an array of offenses or misdeeds is suspected, this confession admits to a lesser offense while covering up the greater ones.

A limited hangout typically is a response to lower the pressure felt from inquisitive investigators pursuing clues that threaten to expose everything, and the disclosure is often combined with red herrings or propaganda elements that lead to false trails, distractions, or ideological disinformation; thus allowing covert or criminal elements to continue in their improper activities.

Victor Marchetti wrote: "A 'limited hangout' is spy jargon for a favorite and frequently used gimmick of the clandestine professionals. When their veil of secrecy is shredded and they can no longer rely on a phony cover story to misinform the public, they resort to admitting - sometimes even volunteering - some of the truth while still mana

• Advertisement
Advertisement