Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like the term WWE Universe?

Options
  • 02-05-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

To be honest, at first I hated it but now it's started to grow on me and I actually like it and I think it is a good branding move by WWE. So, what are your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Capajoma wrote: »
    To be honest, at first I hated it but now it's started to grow on me and I actually like it and I think it is a good branding move by WWE. So, what are your thoughts?

I find it harmless and the fact that it works up so many smarks is an other positive of it...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I think its corny, but tbh it doesn't really bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I don't mind when the announcers and all that use it but when the wrestlers have to work it into promos it just sounds goofy (especially when Bret Hart used it in his return promo, killed a lot of the realism of that moment for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Its a better term than TNA Galaxy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I still haven't got used to it. WWE are always ramming buzz-words and phrases down your throat, if it's not "episodic" or "apex predator" it's "Universe" or "Be a Star" .....It used to annoy me greatly them shoe-horning in the phrase, it's much less now but it still does.

Couldn't agree more M_F. If the word doesn't come naturally (i.e. anyone who has spent more time in Wrestling before the phrase started) it's extremely contrived and so phoney sounding.

I also hate when old-timers say WWE. I know that's the way it is, but I don't have to like it. They could always say World Wrestling Federation.... I think it's more, I mind when they refer to pre-2002 as WWE, I don't mind when they refer to post-2002 as WWE, since it was WWE at the time.

I hate how this only annoys me!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hate it, it shows how utterly soulless the WWE product is these days, and I'm being sick of being treated like a moron. The whole company feels run by committee now, more intent on pandering to demographics than putting out a good, watchable product. you know that Simpsons character Lindsay Nagle? the power suit wearing corporate shill? I hear her voice every time I hear the newest buzz word they bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I still haven't got used to it. WWE are always ramming buzz-words and phrases down your throat, if it's not "episodic" or "apex predator" it's "Universe" or "Be a Star" .....It used to annoy me greatly them shoe-horning in the phrase, it's much less now but it still does.

Couldn't agree more M_F. If the word doesn't come naturally (i.e. anyone who has spent more time in Wrestling before the phrase started) it's extremely contrived and so phoney sounding.

I also hate when old-timers say WWE. I know that's the way it is, but I don't have to like it. They could always say World Wrestling Federation.... I think it's more, I mind when they refer to pre-2002 as WWE, I don't mind when they refer to post-2002 as WWE, since it was WWE at the time.

I hate how this only annoys me!!! tongue.gif
    krudler wrote: »
    Hate it, it shows how utterly soulless the WWE product is these days, and I'm being sick of being treated like a moron. The whole company feels run by committee now, more intent on pandering to demographics than putting out a good, watchable product. you know that Simpsons character Lindsay Nagle? the power suit wearing corporate shill? I hear her voice every time I hear the newest buzz word they bring in.

1075_ryu_ken_tvc_style_double_pack%21-prev.png
    :D

I'm used to it, really but I'd appreciate it if WWE embraced a wider vocabulary and avoided stock phrases like "each and everyone one of you".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I despise it when heels use it. It's just such a corny babyface Evan Bourne or Rey Mysterio type of phrase to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I love it. So cheesey. Just the way wrestling should be!

Advertisement