Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction jobs London..

Options
  • 02-05-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the construction sector is like over there? Absolutely SICK to the teeth of doing nothing here, even a labouring job would do.. ANYTHING !! Anyone got any sites or anything that would be of some help?!

Thanks,
    Danny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Dannyboi3k wrote: »
    Anyone know what the construction sector is like over there? Absolutely SICK to the teeth of doing nothing here, even a labouring job would do.. ANYTHING !! Anyone got any sites or anything that would be of some help?!

Thanks,
    Danny

Hi Danny,ist off you aren't likely to get any job in construction unless you go to london and actively seek the work there.

you could start with this idea..... move your benefit from this country to the Uk,you can claim the same rate of pay you get here transfered over there while you look for work,for more details on this,ask on the benefit section.

I have no doubt whatsoever you will get work in london if your willing to look for it.

hiretest 01923 238162

Danny 'two for the price of one' o sullivan 020 8961 1900

i wouldnt bother ringing these guys unless your in london,

if you need any advice,where to stay,price of accommodation any work related questions about your safepass etc just ask mate. GL;)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

Cheers, thanks alot :) In the process of moving house here at the minute, so will be in the coming weeks :) Will def have a few more questions, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

hiretest 01923 238162

Danny 'two for the price of one' o sullivan 020 8961 1900

i wouldnt bother ringing these guys unless your in london,

In London at the moment looking for work, are these fellas able to help me out? Will I give them a ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Country lane

Just saw this article, and thought it might be of some use and give some insight:

Kerry builder in London sets up office to help emigrants find jobs

By SIMON BROUDER sbrouder@kerryman.ie

Wednesday May 04 2011

THERE are now so many cash strapped Kerry emigrants flooding into London seeking building work that a Kerry born contractor has set up his own office to help them in their search for work.

Kells native Danny Tim O'Sullivan, one of London's most successful building contractors has set up a dedicated office to help Kerry and Irish migrants who are arriving in London seeking work in the construction industry.

At present emigrants from Ireland seeking work in London or elsewhere in England must have a range of certificates and official documents before they can commence work on a site. The process which can often take up to six weeks during which time they are not legally allowed work.

Among the documents needed are a Construction Skills Certificate (CSC) similar to the Fás Safe Pass cert used in Ireland, a UK insurance number, a bank account, a unique tax reference, a Personal Track Safety cert and a tunnel skills cert.

Danny Sullivan and Sons have now opened up their own office with dedicated staff to help newly arrived Irish emigrants get these documents faster and so find a job much sooner.

The company says it will be able to help new migrants in England get all the necessary documentation within days of arrival. Danny Sullivan and Sons can provide the construction skills cert themselves and will assist with the collection and preparation of all other necessary documents.

Mr O'Sullivan told The Kerryman that he was prompted to set up the service when he saw the difficulties faced by new migrants who were seeking work with his own firm.

"There's a lot of young people coming over here with their mouths open and they don't know what to expect or do. There's college graduates coming over looking for work and they're spending three or four weeks doing nothing while they get the certs and they can't afford that," he said.

"You can be waiting four or five weeks for an appointment for the CSC and a few more weeks waiting for the actual form. We can provide them here ourselves," he said.

"We're trying to accommodate people as best we can and find them work. There's still work enough around the place and at least this way If I don't have jobs they'll have the certs and can get a job quickly from someone else," he said.

Anyone seeking further information of assistance should contact Eibhlin Flynn at Danny Sullivan and Sons 020 8961 1900 or email evelyn@dannysullivan.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ferrarienzo

does anyoone know does danny sullivan have much work at the moment in london?. I was working with him last year and i am thinking about going over again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Country lane

Better off getting in contact with them - http://www.dannysullivan.co.uk/

For all the talk of a slowdown in construction sector...there are a ton of big building sites around the city

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Better off getting in contact with them - http://www.dannysullivan.co.uk/

For all the talk of a slowdown in construction sector...there are a ton of big building sites around the city

Yeah, if you've worked with him before I'm not really sure why you'd ask randomers on a message board instead of just giving the company a ring or dropping them an email :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

moveing to uk in the next two weeks,sent out my cv and have got back in total 6 calls all with a start.
    seems to be plenty work if u want it but you must put the effort in to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

I work for a Irish recruitment agency based in London and we place Irish workers in mainly Irish owned companies here. Obviously cant promise anything but it's an option...Sonas Recruitment

Advertisement