Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non pasteurised Irish beer

Options
  • 02-05-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have recently decided to find traditional, non pasteurised, maybe less popular Irish beer/breweries (maybe from small family run breweries) as opposed to the commercial, popular beer trademarks, we are used to.

Well, I am having problems with that, haven't been able to find anything.

Would some beer lovers here be able to help me and let know, if you know any?

Thanks guys. :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Most if not all of Porterhouses own brand beers are unpasteurised.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

valdigre wrote: »
    Well, I am having problems with that, haven't been able to find anything.
    Here's a directory of every pub and restaurant on the island that serves beer from Irish microbreweries (none of whom, AFAIK, pasteurise their beer). The breweries themselves are listed too.

They're available in lots of off licences too. If you tell us where you are OP we can point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Thanks for the info guys.

I live in Dublin 24, but I will travel to the far end of this country if it's necessary, to try some good beer :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Just go to Against the Grain in town, they will sort ya out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,144 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Seaneh wrote: »
    Just go to Against the Grain in town, they will sort ya out.

And grab a burger there if your hungry, there scoff...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yep, Against the Grain, L. Mulligan Grocer, Bull & Castle, The Porterhouses, O'Neill's of Suffolk Street: you're spoilt for choice if you're in Dublin. For off licences try DrinkStore in Stoneybatter, Redmond's of Ranelagh and Deveney's of Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The Molloys in Tallaght Village have (or at least had a week ago) the Porterhouse bottles for 4 for €7 which is great value. Can't remember if they had the Dungarvan or O'Hara's bottled beer though.

Advertisement