Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what can I do?

Options
  • 02-05-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Well im back again with another thread on the same topic as I posted last week. Im seeing a bisexual guy the las 2 years for sex only, but lately Ive fallen for him, unfortunatly he doesnt seem to feel the same as I do. We are both in our mid 20s, Im not out and neither is he. I asked last week was it possible for him to ever love me like I love him, Thanks for all the replies. I asked him a week ago where is our relationship going and told him I needed more than just sex. Im afraid Ive blown it and scared him off, he hasnt answered my calls or replied to my texts since. Im very angry with him now, but I still want him back, I dont know what to do. How should I go about getting him back, and is there anyway I can get him to want more than just sex. I cant keep seeing him for sex only bcause my feelings are too strong for him, Im really mixed up, its doing my head in. Please help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Hey OP.

So sorry to hear that things haven't gone the way that you wanted them to. If I can be honest, I think you are absolutely right to be angry with him, it is very insensitive of him to not speak to, especially considering the fact that you've known each other for two years.

But well done, it was very brave of you to find out where the realtionship was going, as you said yourself, you just couldn't have a purely sexual relationship anymore. It's a hard thing to do, especially when teh outcoem isn't favourable. To be frank, he's not really worthy of your attentions- whatever about not wanting the same things as you, ignoring phonecalls and texts is just callous. Concentrate on yourself for a bit, there will be plenty of people out there, who want exactly what you want. No point in wasting any more time on someone who doesn't.

Take care of yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

A little outside the box, but it may just have been too much for him to take in. If he's not answering your calls or texts, then stop calling and texting. He could feel you're being too full on, and he's perfectly entitled to feel that way.

Just send him a text to let him know to text you when he's ready and leave it at that. He'll either come to realise that he wants to be with you in which case you'll get to try out a relationship, or he'll say he's just not interested in which case you'll have to move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

hi OP, its only been a week - its not the kind of situation where you always get a quick answer. it just sounds like he needs space to think.

you cant let him think forever. but unfortunately if you call and text a lot since this happened it'll in all liklihood send him deeper into whatever shell he's hiding in. just let him know you want to speak about things when he's ready and you understand he may need a bit of time but you cant wait indefinitely - and perhaps add youll call him again in a week or two (whatever you feel is best)

its a tough one to call. on the one hand you want to be understanding but on the other hand you dont want to baby someone and pander to their emotional whims....

Advertisement