Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cash4clothes

Options
  • 02-05-2011 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Anyone used this service and have any opinions good or bad? I have a load of stuff to get rid of just wondering if theyre any use?
    progress.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

You only get 50c a kilo which is nothing tbh, you would be better off giving your clothes to a charity shop.

These places are the same as those fake charity stickers and collections that you get through the door imo. The only difference is that you are bringing the clothes to them instead of them driving around looking for the bags.

If you have any designer clothes or something with any value you could try to sell on adverts or ebay everything else could be sold or recycled by a charity shop.

There was a thread on bargain alerts a while ago and most people there said its not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

You'd have a better chance at one of those second hand boutiques. They usually sell stuff for you, and although they say they only take brand names I've seen stuff in some of them that looks pricey but definitely wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Thanks for the replies. Im not really interested in selling on ebay or anything like that, just want to get rid of the stuff. So do you think the charity stickers that come through the door are not genuine? I got one today & was considering just leaving the stuff to them but have to say Id be annoyed if it was being collected by someone taking the pi$$. Ive about 10 black bags full of clothes (almost all good brands) shoes & handbags. Would be happy to have them go to charity if its a genuine charity & would help me to not have to drive to a charity shop & unload it all. This is the website on teh sticker, do you think its a con? www.donotdelay.org

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

If you've that much stuff I'd go direct to the charity shop. Often they have depots where they do collections if it's one of the bigger charities. They'd be delighted with the stuff and at least you'd know it's going to the right cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Yep I think I will try make it to a shop, not happy that the sticker is genuine & with cash4clothes would hardly get anything, charity shop would prob make more from the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

If you have any M&S stuff in it & bring it to an Oxfam you will get a money off voucher, €7 of €50 asfair.
    Charity shops are really feeling the pinch these days so will really appreciate your donation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Definitely bring it all to a charity shop. We got rid of 10 bags of clothes last week. The shop was delighted with it. An awful lot of it was almost brand new. I wouldn't trust those stickers at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 darcycheng

Without a doubt, the best thing is to give it in to one of the well known charity shops. Not only do they sell the best of your clothing directly from their shop but they also get paid for what they send for recycling - these parasites who are buying in the clothes are only interested in the best quality clothing and will open up your bag in front of everyone in the shop before giving you back what they dont want leaving you to get rid of the crap. Saint Vincent De Paul and the other large charities do so much for the people of this island and getting in clothing donations is a large part of their income, these shops do them so much harm.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

You could try 9 Crow Street - they offer a consignment service. You get 50% off whatever they sell your clothes for, and if they're not sold in 30 days you can have them back or they'll donate them to a charity for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Theres a place around the corner from me, 80c per kilo, sent a few bags up, 26 euro :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 darcycheng

is that 32 and a half kilos @ 80p or did they give you back the un-usable stuff leading to the uneven weight ? Its just that they usually round down the weight to suit themselves. 26 euro is 26 euro, many a time I needed far less myself but do you not think its a bit short sighted unless you really really need the money to be selling to these cowboys while legitimate charities carrying out stellar work around the country suffer from a complete downturn in donations ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

darcycheng wrote: »
    is that 32 and a half kilos @ 80p or did they give you back the un-usable stuff leading to the uneven weight ? Its just that they usually round down the weight to suit themselves. 26 euro is 26 euro, many a time I needed far less myself but do you not think its a bit short sighted unless you really really need the money to be selling to these cowboys while legitimate charities carrying out stellar work around the country suffer from a complete downturn in donations ?
    it was 26eur and off, they took everything, they never even checked the bags, as there were disintregated cons in there:confused:
    they usally round it up to nearest euro

Advertisement