Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Schiff was right again

Options
  • 01-05-2011 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Peter Schiff was right about housing in America in 2006 and he was also right about the dollar and precious metals. A few years ago he told people to get into precious metals and out of the dollar. Yes for a short time people would have lost money if they sold their precious metals but for those who rode out the storm things are looking good.

Why do people listen to the Bernank when he gets everything wrong?
    Why don't people listen to Peter Schiff, Marc Faber and Jim Rogers who seem to get their calls right more often than not?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Bernanke (and many other economists) aren't in the business of giving people investment advice, so they don't. Where as Schiff and Rogers and Faber, that's their job, eg. buy this now, sell this etc. This may be better suited to the Investment/Finance forum, I could move this thread there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭whiteonion

andrew wrote: »
    Bernanke (and many other economists) aren't in the business of giving people investment advice, so they don't. Where as Schiff and Rogers and Faber, that's their job, eg. buy this now, sell this etc. This may be better suited to the Investment/Finance forum, I could move this thread there?
    What I mean is that the people I mentioned seem to be way more qualified to be in charge of the Federal Reserve.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

whiteonion wrote: »
    What I mean is that the people I mentioned seem to be way more qualified to be in charge of the Federal Reserve.

That's like saying football pundits who criticize Alex Ferguson are qualified to take Alex Ferguson's place. Clearly, they're not.

Advertisement